Rear LSD for 1990 turbo terrano

Moderator: Mark

terranonut
Driver/Navigator

Rear LSD for 1990 turbo terrano

Postby terranonut » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:11 pm

hey guys have just got into off roading and having some fun however urgently need lsd for the rear of terrano thing is crap with out one does any body know if the navara lsd centre will fit in terrano ? or otherwise any other affordable ideas apart from gewtting the welder out like i did in my drift car

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:25 am

A standard LSD honestly doesn't do F.all in an off situation, they are only designed for icy conditions.

You are far better to get an auto locker from genie4x4.com or some where like that.

I don't know what your level of experience or mechanical knowledge is, so forgive me if i sound patronising, just trying to be helpfull!!!!

Do you want an explanation of how a standard LSD works and why they are essentially not any better than an open diff ?

But to answer you question, yes, a Navara one will fit from the right year and modle.

Are you sure you don't have a LSD on your Terrano already??
Most of the imported ones have then in as standard.

Would you like me to explain how to check??

Cheers,
Pete.
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:11 pm

I've had my LSD serviced it it made a substantile difference to traction, but I am going to fit airlockers in the near future. an lsd is better then nothing. if you are new to 4wdriving, then learn to drive without difflocks, otherwise you migt find yourself in more trouble then its worth.
al
go the terrano/pathfinder
rain, hail, sleet or snow, we go!

terranonut
Driver/Navigator

diff

Postby terranonut » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:42 pm

not a prob guys i've had plenty experence with nissans been drifting for last two years almost every friday at pukekohe and decided a change in pursuit was needed.

As on all my silvias the nissan viscous LSD centres die real fast in drifting i have always run mechanical LSD and was just keen to know what everybody thought.

HAs anybody had any experence with these lockers ? are they along the lines of a detrot locker ie 1.5 turn lockup or some thing ?

Thanks for any help given

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:59 pm

Yep those are the ones, commonly used by you guys for drifting.

terranonut
Driver/Navigator

diffs

Postby terranonut » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:34 pm

so is anybody running these diff lockers ? i have never used in drifting because they engage to hard and can break driveshafts off but are these ones from genie the same or don't they lock up as fast ?

Also tyres any body recommend some good 31X10.5x15 tryes for prob 70% offroad and 30% onroad ? have looked at some hancook MT etc all round $200 each

Cheers

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:50 pm

I run 31x10.5x15 Pirelli Scorpion MT's. I am currently on my second set. I bought the new style with the lugs on the side. I find them pretty good both on and off road. I find they have a superior traction over the Hankooks as I used to run them before the pirelli's. The first set still has 10mm of tread on them and I had them for a year, approx 25,000k's on them. I run them down to low pressures, 10 the lowest I've been and never staked a sidewall. Haven't had a puncture for that matter either. They are a copy of the BFG. Paid $234 ea. Have the old one's for sale if your interested.
Al
rain, hail, sleet or snow, we go!

terranonut
Driver/Navigator

diff and tryes

Postby terranonut » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:14 pm

thanks for all the help guys i'm still not sure what to do about the diff guess in the end an airlocker or somethig would be cool but very expensive. have jsut got mean deal on set of hancook MT tryes which seem work well.

The only other thing is my rev counter is not going, checked dash(tried my mates one) so seems that the sensor may have broken on the motor and after taken auto electricians everybody has diff idea of where it is.

I figure the rev counter fed comes from sensor on front of motor(2 wire) sensor just below desiel pump cog ?

any help appriciated on this.

Thanks

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:21 pm

They are the same. They lock up fast, but you wont be driften your terrano, and the running gear is strong in relation to power out put.
I do not recommend putting one in the front.

Return to “Nissan”