Yet Another Suspect Noise - From Gearboxc I think

Moderator: Mark

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:10 pm

Right I went to two trucking firms for a price, two phoned back and spoke to the missus.
Now she reckoned that it was the same company both times, one said $49 and one said $63, I'll find out what was the story but it looks like it will be somewhere around those two figures. :D

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:27 pm

That sounds great.... I could come up to CHC on saturday and take it out if you want ;) if I left early in the morning, I could be with you mid afternoon.... We'd probably need access to the yard on both saturday and sunday...

Or if you can take it out, let me know your bank details and I'll send some money over ;) + some extra beer money for you ;)

Am getting desperate for this now, as its my only means of transport.... (hmm must buy that hack I was talking about)

Thanks

Bill
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:01 pm

Right I'll have an exact price for you tomorrow incl freight which would no doubt save you money, I'll pull it out for you, its no problem, but beer money does sound good.
I can have it on the truck first thing Monday morning.
Sound good?
Give me a call on 03 312 1552 if you want.

Cheers
Thomas

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:15 pm

Sounds Great :) email me (bill.walker@netspeed.net.nz) with the costs when you have them and I'll add a beer fee ;) ....

Cheers Mate :D
-----------------------

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:19 pm

don't forget your bank details...
-----------------------

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:12 pm

Finally got the gearbox apart today.... and well... the Front cover had broken apart and the bearings had all fallen through the hole....

And the reverse gear... which I suspected had a tooth missing:

-----------------------

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:11 pm

Got the gearbox sitting in the garage for you Bill, be on the truck first thing Monday morning :D

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:34 am

Wonderfull cheers .... theres some money in your account too..... theres a bit extra for beer or keeping the Mrs happy :D

Now I just have to pray for a dry day next week to fit it :?
-----------------------

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:16 am

wohoo its arrived
-----------------------

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:39 pm

Sweet thats exellent.
Have fun putting it back in :D

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:39 pm

Well have assembled the gearbox and fitted it, did a quick test and the main shaft turns in all gears :) , was a bit loug tho as no exhaust yet.... hehe .... just have to get all the other bits back on now, so whould be running by tommorow lunch time (2 hours & counting for Assembling and putting it back in)
-----------------------

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:22 pm

Choice :D :D :D
Good to hear that it's all coming together. I was starting to worry abit there.

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:56 pm

me too, just hope it doesnt rain tommorow.... was going to start this morning when the bearing arrivee, but as usual drank too much last night... got to bed at 6am then thought why not just watch the rugby, drink a small amount and do some when I get home...

Also on another note ;) I'm after a few odds & sods for my truck and was wondering where the scrapie u got the box from was????

Thx

Bill

PS: u gonna treat the Mrs to dinner or buy tons of beer?
-----------------------

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:29 pm

Yep theres a whole 720 just around the corner from me if you need parts, just let me know what and I'll suss it out for you, it's complete minus gearbox and transfere. Its got rust in all the usual places :wink:
I ended up spending the beer money on brake lines :wink: I've knocked the drinking on the head until the trucks finished cos it sucks up too much money and the truck a priority at the moment, but will get on it big time when its finished. :D

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:40 pm

I was thinking of popping over and having a look as am in CHC tomorow night thru wednesday....

But I'm after:

RF - Indicator Cover

Rubber Boot from where Clutch lever goes into bell housing.

Door switches (ie the ones that turn the interior light on) x 2

Front Grill

Power Steering fluid reservoir (maybe, mine has a leak, but I may have fixed it)

I'm sure theirs other stuff, was gonna have a look and see what I might want ;) The front of my car has been hit so theres all sorts of stuff up that end that needs work or replacement.

Oh yea, the box is in, only toubles so far are two oil leaks, when hot, so there must be some bolts not quite done up enough, and alot of noise in 5th, but will test it out on the drive up tommorow. Otherwise, its sweet as bro.... oh and their isnt a breather hose on this box, and the tubes been cut :( have to get one of those screw in ones ;)
-----------------------

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:21 pm

Unfortunately I was not able to test the box but was assured that it was fine.
The breather hose was on the box when put it on the truck :? Maybe I should have put it on a pellet?
Just had a talk to the owner of this 720, the grill is gone (might have found another one though, will know tomorrow night) the indicator is there, the light switches are there too ( don't know if they work though )
What time are you coming up? I've got tomorrow off but are working the rest of the week, if you can be here mid afternoon then I can take you around there then. But you'll need to let me know by 7:30am tomorrow, I'm off to buy tyres etc for my truck but can be back in the afternoon if need be.

Cheers
Thomas

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:35 pm

Afraid I cocked up, Training session I'm coming up for is on Thursday not Tuesday ... so won't be in CHC till Wednesday night, but might stay for the weekend ;)

The breather hose aint much to worry about, I'm sure I can make some sort of adapter that will fit the remains ;) or I could just drill it out.... hmmm :?

From the looks of the inside, lthe last owner didnt change the oil very often, so I'm gonna run it for a week with the new oil I put in today, then drain it next weekend and freshen it up, it could just be dust or something as I was working outside... I'm sure it'll be fine :D

Anyway thanks for all your help bro.... :D
-----------------------

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:55 pm

wjw wrote:Afraid I cocked up, Training session I'm coming up for is on Thursday not Tuesday ... so won't be in CHC till Wednesday night, but might stay for the weekend ;)

Well if your up for the weekend maybe a few of us could have bbq and catch up. If I remember correctly rex taped some good footage for mike that a few of us won't have seen :wink:

I know a relatively unknown fun trip on the port hills, take about an hour and half to do and then a bbq afterwards perhaps? Just an idea.......

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:34 pm

bugger shame I didnt have net access while in town :( missed your post :x
-----------------------

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:39 pm

after my 1000 odd k trip to CHC my exhaust manifold bodge has well er given up the ghost, so looks like a trip to the engineering works :(
-----------------------

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:03 pm

Not a worry, would have been a wet one anyway. So now your putting the performance exhaust on? :twisted:

Mike

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:37 pm

Tried her with no exhaust the other day, still can't hear properly... should have the manifold fixed by end of play tommorow :) have to take it out and make some plates as all the threads are buggered or cracked...
-----------------------

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am

tomsoffroad wrote:Bugger

Return to “Nissan”