GQ Safari Rear Arch Trim

Moderator: Mark

Dundaberg
Bush Crasher

GQ Safari Rear Arch Trim

Postby Dundaberg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Gidday all, im guessing this topic may have been covered before. But anyways I have Fitted a set of 35" Silverstones to my truck and looking at it, Im going to get getting some sweet rub when I flex up. Can anyone point me in the right direction of trimming the arches slightly the get better clearance? Even photos of you finished mods would be awesome.

Cheers, Brandon.

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

Re: GQ Safari Rear Arch Trim

Postby tuckertrucker » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Dundaberg wrote:Gidday all, im guessing this topic may have been covered before. But anyways I have Fitted a set of 35" Silverstones to my truck and looking at it, Im going to get getting some sweet rub when I flex up. Can anyone point me in the right direction of trimming the arches slightly the get better clearance? Even photos of you finished mods would be awesome.

Cheers, Brandon.

I'm not sure of trimming them, and I haven't upgraded my tires yet, but I've seen guys removing the factory flares (only held on with screws and a few plastic clips) and the trimming up some plastic sheet that you can get from bunnings or mitre ten and fitting that as flares to protect from stones and mud and shit when it flicks up.

cheers, dylan

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:57 pm

You could extend your bump stops slightly. Small box shaped to fit stopped 35's hitting the body on my patrol. I also removed the plastics and had already done a rear quarter cut

Dundaberg
Bush Crasher

Postby Dundaberg » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:34 am

Cheers for that, might look into the bumpstops. As for the plastic flares, I got rid of those a few years ago.

mudtroll
Hard Yaka

Postby mudtroll » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:06 am

Watch out for the seat belt bolt inside the guard, can rip the tyre

Lawson001
Stropper

Postby Lawson001 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:35 am

I just fitted 35x11.5x15 Silverstones to my GQ a few weeks ago, on 15x8 -20 rims, definitely chop the seatbelt bolt off flush.
As for the rear guards you only need to chop out the front and rear section of the guard, the top section is fine and the tyre will tuck all the way up with the stock bumpstop with my 2" Bodylift, you may have uptravel probs if you dont have bodylift. front guards are untouched.
I would post a pic if I knew how.
Hope this helps

Twodiffs
Hard Yaka

Postby Twodiffs » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:21 am

Pretty much what he said.......Tom (Tomsoffroad) trimmed my rear guards like that and that was for 37's.

charo249
Hard Yaka

Postby charo249 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Remove flares do a series of vertical cuts around the guard and beat around with a rubber hammer and reattach flares afterwards.

Return to “Nissan”