R50 rear window hatch no workie

Moderator: Mark

hemi265
Driver/Navigator

R50 rear window hatch no workie

Postby hemi265 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:36 am

Is there a common fault for hatch not working?
It does not work on remote or switch on dash. I've located the loom plug back left inside body where the taildoor loom plugs together. I placed a wire from the dash switch to the green wire on one plug (left rear) and this operates catch when touched to one side of dash switch, and on other side of switch it can be operated by remote.
Therefore likely problem lies in green wire between dash switch and left rear loom plug. (It is not a green wire on this dash switch).

I don't where the rear loom runs, where it changes into a green wire, or how / where the remote control unit works. There is a relay wrapped up in foam next to dash switch that you can hear clicking when you work the remote for hatch. It is all wrapped so cannot see wire colour. Maybe this is where the green wire starts?

Can any one please give me a place to look for fault, or even just let me know where to look for each plug on the loom that goes to the rear.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: R50 rear window hatch no workie

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:11 pm

You had one that worked...lucky you. Quick fix would be to run a new wire under the carpet or spend a few hours desyphering a manual online with the wiring diagram. But good luck finding one that has the colour codes for the wires, usually only pinouts of the plugs.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

hemi265
Driver/Navigator

Postby hemi265 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Yeah, Will probably quickest and easier to run another wire, but will have a go looking for problem first.
Truck still full of tools and stuff at the moment, so have to empty it to lift carpet / seats etc to look where the looms runs.
Assume it will run on inside rather than underneath?

Wondering if it is just a fuse??? All my fuse box is in Japanese, so don't know what's what, and all fuses look ok. Would help to know if one fuse is for this, or if there is another fuse location to look for.

Anyone know where the rear loom plugs in under dash / footwell?..

Thanks

hemi265
Driver/Navigator

Postby hemi265 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Old thread I know, but thought I might update just incase someone else comes across similar problem.
I ended up giving up sorting my problem. Found it easier to just leave the window ajar, so it was always ready to open by just lifting it up, however about 6 months ago I replaced the battery and what do you know, the window switch is working again. It has worked reliably and consistently for the last 6 months. Co - incidence ??? I’m not sure, but if you are having the same problem, it may pay to disconnect your battery, discharge all condensers and then connect again.

Return to “Nissan”