terrano r50 hard to start

Moderator: Mark

vlturbo
Driver/Navigator

terrano r50 hard to start

Postby vlturbo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:11 am

hey guys befor xmas i gave the truck a full sevice and new glow plugs in preparation for my trip north... the truck ran SWEET temp stayed good used no water or oil and ran better than ever!
got back to auckland Saturday no problems at all.... yesterday the mrs went to take it down to get a milk and i would not fire....
wound over sweet plenty of battery life... it was letting out a few white clouds of smoke well winding it over... it adventually fired then ran like nothing was wrong... still plenty of power and didnt miss a beat again got home after it had come up to operating temp and got the milk.... turned it off and then it started up just like normal.... so i went out this morning and exactly the same thing.. winding over with some white smoke... anyone have any ideas?? maybe relay for glow plugs????? cheers guys

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Re: terrano r50 hard to start

Postby ChurchurDan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:06 pm

The wire that bolts onto the back glow plug and powers them is really bad for cooking up at the end and not getting power to the plugs.

vlturbo
Driver/Navigator

Re: terrano r50 hard to start

Postby vlturbo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:07 pm

sweet ended up having to replace the relay and all was sweet back to normal now... thnks

Return to “Nissan”