Safari Aircon Issue

Moderator: Mark

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

Safari Aircon Issue

Postby tuckertrucker » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi ORE
I've had a look through past threads but couldn't find anything to help.

My airconditioning in my '92 GQ Safari (24volt electrics) doesnt seem to be working. It seems only to be the fan that isnt going. When I turn on the lights, the backlights of the aircon light up. And if I set the air feed to out side air when Im driving, air will flow through the vents and when this is happening the heat control works. But the fan wont go.
The fan and heater in the back work fine without fault.
I dont think its a fuse as Ive checked all the fuses in the driver kick panel and none have blown. Wondering if there are any other fuses somewhere else or if anyone has any other ideas.
Cheers, Dylan

Suza
Hard Yaka

Re: Safari Aircon Issue

Postby Suza » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:51 am

Mine did this the fix is quite simple. The brushes in the fan motor will have most likely worn down and either a, need replacing or b, as I did due to were I was the slots that the guides travel in made slightly longer

MihiT
Hard Yaka

Postby MihiT » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:59 am

The next thing to check would be relays and fusible links by the driver side battery. Mine is single cab, but I imagine the front and rear are on seperate circuits.
- 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
- 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
1989 LWB 5-Seat parts hack. TD42

tuckertrucker
Hard Yaka

Postby tuckertrucker » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks for the responces. Ill check relays first as I've already gone through the fuses. Where might I find the appropriate relay? Are they going to be the ones above the fuses in the drivers kick panel, or one of the ones next to the right hand battery.

Im thinking itll be electrical as it died all of a sudden, while it was working. It was also conveniently timed with the blowing of three of my indicators and two of my headlights. So maybe I had a short somewhere and fried a relay.

Otherwise Ill look at replacing the blower fan

cheers guys

Return to “Nissan”