r50 td27 stuttering

Moderator: Mark

vlturbo
Driver/Navigator

r50 td27 stuttering

Postby vlturbo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:29 pm

hey guys.. the rano has been running solid for a few months and this afternoon on the mway at 80k i put my foot down to over take and the truck started to stutter... thought i had hit od button off and on so put foot down again and it happened again.... stopped to check and couldnt find nothing.... so carryed on home and drove fine... still has power like nothing is wrong...pulled the fuel filter to see if i could find any water but nothing changed fuel filter and and caught it in a clean glass jar and was little bits off sedement in the diesel... put new filter on went down the mway and i think its got worse but from 0-80ks it drives normal can get it up2 100 if i use minimal throttle... was planning on taking it north this weekend but probly not now....
do u think bad fuel??? i put 50 buks in this morning and ran sweet for 2 hours after this...
any ideas guys???
cheers

MihiT
Hard Yaka

Re: r50 td27 stuttering

Postby MihiT » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:16 am

If it were a manual I would suspect clutch plate chatter. Automatic, I blame the box or computer and walk away!
- 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
- 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
1989 LWB 5-Seat parts hack. TD42

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:30 am

1 change the fuel filter.
2 stick it on a diagnostics computer and want to check for continuity on the 5volt circuit to the tps AFM and coolant sensors.

3 check continuity to the fly by wire system on the pump.

Let us know what the fualt codes are if any.

If it happens again or starts to happen more regularly start looking around for a good second hand mechanical pump and throttle cable from an earlier td27-t as it could get expensive fast if you want to keep the truck.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

vlturbo
Driver/Navigator

Postby vlturbo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:33 pm

cheers guys... be back in auckland monday so hopefully i can get a look in tuesday avo...
i did start it early hours this morning and started normally..
i hope its NOT the injector pump or i might be having a terrano bbq in the next couple weeks :D
thanks for your input guys

Return to “Nissan”