Can someone possibly explain

Moderator: Mark

Suza
Hard Yaka

Can someone possibly explain

Postby Suza » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Have been in Auckland for my Grandads funeral and I decided to drive back to dads with dad and then fly out of Welly.

Anyway had to replace dads alternator in his 93 2.7t Nissan terano auto in south Auckland on our travels as his died.

When done dad was blown away as some how his wee wagon got a whole lot more power and go.

If anyone can shed some light I would love to know the reason

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: Can someone possibly explain

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:04 pm

beleive it or not it also effects the power windows and window wipers and the glow plugs etc too. when a field drops in the alt but still outputs enough to charge it isn't enough to provide the current to the windows etc and ya end up hunting around for broken wires and poor earth connections etc.

it also effects the fuel pump cold start and shut off valve since it is closed by defualt and needs 12 volt to open etc

not uncommon at all.

a big test of an alternator is a rainy humid day in auckland, ya have the tropical down pour so wipers on full its 20 odd degrees so the AC's on full blast as heat just fogs the screen even more the headlights on radios on and your on and off the brakes like a ayoyo all whilst the engine is mostly idling half the time...then all of a sudden ya got flat batteries even though the charge light isnt on.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Return to “Nissan”