Nissan Terrano R3m Starter problem

Moderator: Mark

Dalystar
Driver/Navigator

Nissan Terrano R3m Starter problem

Postby Dalystar » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:16 am

Bit of advice needed. I posted a few weeks back that my Terrano blew up in style and I found a rolled Terrano and was planning to do an engine swap. Some people were saying to stay away from the rolled engine and other though it might be ok. Anyway engine is and and its running like a dream (fingers crossed)
I do however have a starting problem. When cold it takes maybe 3 attempts to start. Some times just clicking and other times it turns over for few seconds then clunk. One warm it starts first time.

Ive been told its probably the starter and considering I have 2 terranos (one rolled) I was planning to try the starter from the rolled truvk to see if this is actually the problem.

Here's my issue which I have no idea about. My truck has 2 batteries. I'm assuming its still 12v start and not 24v but I don't know but the roller terrano had 1 battery. Is there any problems or differences between the starters. Can i simply take the starter from rolled truck (uses one battery to start) and put it straight into my truck which uses 2 batteries to start

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: Nissan Terrano R3m Starter problem

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:44 pm

They are all 12 volt. Go for gold And yes typical starter issues. Best way to get to bolts is a 1/4 inch ratchet and extension and go in under The wheel arch. And invest in some ratcheting ring spanners if ya havent already.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:46 pm

FYI ... If its not just tue bruhes ...there are two types a Bosch branded one with brass bushing on the sprocket end that flogs out and causes the motor winding to touch the stator. And the Hitachi ones tend to fry Tue solenoids and wiring
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Dalystar
Driver/Navigator

Postby Dalystar » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:They are all 12 volt. Go for gold And yes typical starter issues. Best way to get to bolts is a 1/4 inch ratchet and extension and go in under The wheel arch. And invest in some ratcheting ring spanners if ya havent already.

Thanks for the info. I'll swap the starters and hopefully solve the problem

Return to “Nissan”