How to change td42 fuel cut solenoid?

Moderator: Mark

Petemcc
Hard Yaka

How to change td42 fuel cut solenoid?

Postby Petemcc » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:55 pm

My mates safari needs the fuel cut solenoid changed. It cut out and I found it had blown the fuse to the fuel cut. It was a 5amp fuse rather than the 10 it was meant to have (fuses were all recently changed as a precaution after drowning it so hadn't been a 5 for long)

I changed the fuse and got power again but no fuel. Apparently they are known to fail?

I have traced down a new one which should turn up tomorrow. The manual suggests it's hard to change? Says to take it to a mechanic.

My question is do they just wind out like a Toyota one or is there more too it? I plan to change it on the weekend. I thought it was pretty straight forward...

Cheers,
Pete

MihiT
Hard Yaka

Re: How to change td42 fuel cut solenoid?

Postby MihiT » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:34 am

Which manual is that?? I was under the impression that it was a matter of two screws on top of the injector pump.
- 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
- 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
1989 LWB 5-Seat parts hack. TD42

katipo
Driver/Navigator

Postby katipo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:21 pm

If its one like in this picture then it should just be a matter of undoing it and putting the new one in. You might have to take a few other things off the pump in order to get at it though

Petemcc
Hard Yaka

Postby Petemcc » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Did this in the weekend. Took a bit less than an hour. Needed to take off fuel feed line, throttle cable and throttle bracket etc. was straight forward

Return to “Nissan”