Nissan Safari 1995 opinions wtd

Moderator: Mark

flatsix
Driver/Navigator

Nissan Safari 1995 opinions wtd

Postby flatsix » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Had a swb safari years ago, went okay but preferred v8 rovers for some reason

Thinking it might be time to have another look at a Nissan, like the idea of the diesel for a bit of water work, turbo for a bit more go, auto as I can't be arsed changing gears and SWB so I don't belly on stuff.

Saw this one, price seems a bit up there for the age, but I suppose dealers can ask what they like. What do the Nissan gurus think of the model/age/kms/price of this one?. Thanks

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1315445963

Running Boards
Transmission Details: Automatic

5 Seats, Bonnet Protector.

HERE WE HAVE A SHORT WHEEL BASE 1995 NISSAN SAFARI 4.2L TURBO DIESEL 4X4 AUTOMATIC IN BLACK OVER GREY TRAVELED ONLY 149,262KMS.

FITTED WITH BONNET PROTECTOR, SAFARI SNORKEL, BULL BARS, WARN WHINCH, RUNNER BOARDS, TOWBAR, ROOF LADDER, NEW BLAK TRAX ROH 4WD 8 SPOKE RIMS, NEW 31X10.5 MUD TYRES ETC.

DEMO SURE TO IMPRESS WITH THIS RARE FIND.

mudtroll
Hard Yaka

Re: Nissan Safari 1995 opinions wtd

Postby mudtroll » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:11 am

Probably a bit expensive, but people are asking silly prices for them now days. Factory turbo will still be a bit gutless, needs an aftermarket turbo, plenty of options. For that price you could get a GU, later model, nicer vehicle but would have higher mileage.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 am

+1 on the higher milage GU, they are all of the age of needing maintance , new bushes, bearings seals etc so might as well go for a newer one that doesn't have the hidden rust in the roof structure.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

flatsix
Driver/Navigator

Postby flatsix » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:11 pm

The GU's all look a bit LWB for me, I know there is a 3 door, but haven't seen one of those. Rust is a worry on the safaris, and suppose its luck of the draw, but I would be having a good look over whatever is on offer.

Any sensibly priced wagon on trademe seems to sell easily so they are still in demand. Its a pity that as they get more modern all the ABS and electrics and plastic bits make for more trouble, when all you want is something 'low speed and pig simple'.

I'll throw a wanted add up here and see if anyone is getting out of theirs. Cheers

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Another option is just to buy a running swb chassis with all the drive line and power train still attached and fit a newer cab to it from a later model ute., bloke in Aussie recently completed a full body swap of a 2011 triton cab and well side onto a lwb td42-t powered frame.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

mudtroll
Hard Yaka

Postby mudtroll » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:17 am

A mate is possibly selling his project, LWB chassis with a cut down cab, has a genuine ute back wall on the cab.

Return to “Nissan”