Terrano fuel tank question

Moderator: Mark

grytvikken
Hard Yaka

Terrano fuel tank question

Postby grytvikken » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi I have a d21 terrano that has developed a bad case of diesel bug. Just wonering if anyone can tell me if the fuel tank on the petrol d21 pathfinder model is the same as the one on the diesel model. I realize the pipping may be different but was wondering as there is a petrol pathfinder being broken up locally and I thought it may be an option ....cheers

Mehrts
Hard Yaka

Re: Terrano fuel tank question

Postby Mehrts » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:45 am

Have you tried treating it with some diesel bug killer?

Let it soak in for a while and then give it a good flush, and fill up with fresh diesel.

Diesel bug likes to grow in fuel that has water in it, so if you're regularly filling up the tank then you should have fewer issues with water being present due to condensation in the tank.
Toyhatsu Bitsalux

grytvikken
Hard Yaka

Postby grytvikken » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Yes have considered bug killer but i just thought if they were interchangeable i would swap them over that way there would be no chance of it returning. its cheap guy wants $50

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Postby BlakeNZ » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:24 pm

they will be different, as the petrol fuel system is different to the diesel one. eg, the petrol one will have a fuel pump located in the tank, so even if you hook up the intake pipe, the diesel injector pump will be sucking through the redundant petrol fuel pump and filter.

Return to “Nissan”