R20 Mistral trans shifting issues

Moderator: Mark

Keltec
Driver/Navigator

R20 Mistral trans shifting issues

Postby Keltec » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi everyone, I've been having problems with my RE4R01A trans not shifting up to 3rd gear. So last weekend I removed the valve body to check the solenoid's, they seemed to free up OK.

But after reassembly and refilling with ATF, the trans is driving forwards in every gear (PRND21). The instruction document I used just said to reinstall the manual shaft in the valve body, that is the selector shaft inside the valve body. It didn't mention connecting it to the inside part of the shifter linkage. So I just put the shaft completely inside the valve body and bolted up the valve body. Now this really didn't seem right to me, but the instruction manual was quite comprehensive, so when it didn't say anything about connecting the shaft and linkage, I presumed it was intentional. But now I think that is the problem.

If been trawling the forum here and google, I've been reading every bloody PDF I can find, but nothing mentions HOW to install the manual valve... :evil:

What are your thoughts? Can anyone help?

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Re: R20 Mistral trans shifting issues

Postby BlakeNZ » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:42 am

Are you telling us that there is now no connection between the lever on the outside of the trans ( that selects gear) and the internal workings of the transmission?

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: R20 Mistral trans shifting issues

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:10 pm

yeah, pull it out again and reconnect it
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Return to “Nissan”