Best after market clutch for a Patrol

Moderator: Mark

3rnzir
Hard Yaka

Best after market clutch for a Patrol

Postby 3rnzir » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:09 pm

Was viewing the net,Daikin/Exeedy came up.Anyone got this setup.If so,whaddya think?

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:22 pm

I just had my clutch done last week, i got thecheapest aftermarket one i could get, $450. It seems to be doing the job. I didn't go for the heavy duty as it seemed unessesary as i wasn't using the vehicle for towing a boat etc. I use the clutch very little off road, there's all that torque to play with.

dctecho
Driver/Navigator

Postby dctecho » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:59 pm

If your looking for an awesome clutch setup I would definitly recomend these guys http://www.clutch.co.nz/index.htm they have helped me in the past with some big horsepower appliications. they can supply off the shelf or custom made for any vehicles.

cheers
scotty

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:58 pm

Was viewing the net,Daikin/Exeedy came up.Anyone got this setup.If so,whaddya think?

Is the truck turboed and do you use it for towing regularly?? If yes, then Daikin Heavy Duty would be a minimum. If you've got lotsa power, then go for the Daikin "Safari Tuff" jobbie.

Cheers

3rnzir
Hard Yaka

Postby 3rnzir » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:10 am

Thanx Guest.No my truck is not turbo`d at the mo,but I am looking at fitting the APS Safari turbo after market kit in the future.I do have mates with rather big boats,so heavey towing will also be on the cards.So maybe the Daikin `Safari Tuff` unit is a good option after all.
Cheerz cobber...

3rnzir
Hard Yaka

Postby 3rnzir » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:12 am

dctecho.Thanx for the web contact.Have touched base with them,and they have given me prices and time frame options for the conversion.
Cheerz cobber...

Return to “Nissan”