Any thoughts ?

Moderator: Mark

motivated
Bush Crasher

Any thoughts ?

Postby motivated » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:40 pm

I've had this Nissan Maxima sitting in my carport for some time in the hopes of finding a new body as the original hit a bridge and the bridge won.

As my lady really needs a new vehicle, and as I have a 3lt Maxima motor just hanging out to be used, I was kinda thinking of building up something for a little fun.

Does anyone know if a Maxima would bolt up to terrano running gear ?

Or can you suggest anything else it would bolt straight up to along the line of 4x4 ?

What I was thinking of was building something around a Suzuki body, and possibly buying a damaged Terrano for the running gear (something with a smokey/shagged motor and stuffed body perhaps).

Give me your thoughts/ideas so long as they are kind :wink:

Regards Kelvyn

wopass
Hard Yaka

v6

Postby wopass » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:59 am

as far as im aware the maxima motor shold bolt right up to terano box as they come out (v6 R3m) with the 3l maxima motor in them anyway, not sure if there is a fifference between the diesel and petrol running gear tho, i would imagine they would be the same :? maybe :roll:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

Macca
Hard Yaka

Postby Macca » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:10 am

hi motivated. the 3ltr maxima motor is what nissan run in their petrol pathfinders. I presume that means they areusing the same running gear.
If not you may have a hard timefinding parts as the pathfinders are no where as common as the terranos.
macca

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Postby Rotazuk » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:14 am

The v6 4x4's are vg30's I believe , just make sure the maxima engine is a vg30 also . i think in the newer ones ther are running a v something else now .

Also the front output shaft is on the l/h side not the right as the suzuki , toyota etc . I have just cut a toyota diff up to match the l/h output but not sure how sucessful it will be ( not running yet ) . I think jeep axles are l/h output so that would be an option .

I have a nissan silva motor bolted to a nivara gearbox , same as the diesel terano gearbox . The v6 has a different input to the t/case but is identical externally .

Cheers

Chris

Return to “Nissan”