Costa Plenty 24 Hour Tough Truck Challenge.

xj
Hard Yaka

Re: Costa Plenty 24 Hour Tough Truck Challenge.

Postby xj » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:21 am

wisard2 wrote:Have just got home from work and read all this shit! DB & XJ, neither of you are entered in this event. Neither of you are on the working team/committee. Neither of you have any idea of what sort of organising is going on behind the scenes.

Have either of you ever organised and/or run an event such as this before???? NO, I thought not, and Xmas or not, all I have to say is this......."Those that can.........DO, and those that can't.........just sit behind a pc and slag off at everyone else"!!!

There is nothing that either of you 2 have said on this thread, that interests me in the slightest, except at the total lack of manners and courtesy towards other posters. Leave the organising to those that actually know what they are doing, and unless you have something positive to say for a change, you are probably better off saying nothing, instead of running off at the mouth and showing yourselves up to be nothing but shitstirrers!! :evil:

Just remember, "Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool, than to open your big gob & remove all doubt"!!!

LOL........ oh dear oh dear.......

Shitstirriers? For asking what seems to be relevant questions. (and that others have agreed are relevant questions?)

Have a smile and a coke and relax man, if ya cant handle some pertinent questions then dont put yourself in a position to have them asked of you. With power comes responsibility, and with responsibility comes accountability. Its a public forum for people to view and ask.... and ask I have, if you dont want people to ask, dont put it out there for them to do so.

Folks have answered comments constructively, until now, and I would have thought a reponse form an organisor would have been more even handed and benevolent. [oh well]

No I havent organised anything of this nature, hence the questiions. I have already ceeded the point, several times, that things are quite probably well in control, as Nick has assured.

You are not being attacked, yet seem so hostile in defense, when there seems no need.

No point having a slanging match over it, when theres nothing apparently to slang over.... however, you no doubt will further respond to this, I wont.

As already said, good luck.
/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-

()_) ()_)-----)_)
KEEP'N JEEP'N!

monstr
Hard Yaka

Postby monstr » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:01 am

People that know me will tell you im a fairly laid back and dont get stressed ,But for F#CKS sake cant you guys leave it alone ,As has been stated a long time ago the organisers will be meeting in the new year and all will be revealed then .my hat goes off to these people for spending many hours and $s in organising a run for the benefit and enjoyment of others.I only hope they will not be put of by some of the comments made on this forum and realize that 99% of the people are with them 100%, As an organiser of a few advents it always amazes me the number of people who will sit back and criticise something like this but on the day when help is needed there nowhere to be seen ..Hope you all have a safe and happy Xmas..Steve

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:10 am

wisard2 wrote:Have just got home from work and read all this shit! DB & XJ, neither of you are entered in this event. Neither of you are on the working team/committee. Neither of you have any idea of what sort of organising is going on behind the scenes.

Have either of you ever organised and/or run an event such as this before???? NO, I thought not, and Xmas or not, all I have to say is this......."Those that can.........DO, and those that can't.........just sit behind a pc and slag off at everyone else"!!!

There is nothing that either of you 2 have said on this thread, that interests me in the slightest, except at the total lack of manners and courtesy towards other posters. Leave the organising to those that actually know what they are doing, and unless you have something positive to say for a change, you are probably better off saying nothing, instead of running off at the mouth and showing yourselves up to be nothing but shitstirrers!! :evil:

Just remember, "Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool, than to open your big gob & remove all doubt"!!!

ANY FURTHER INQUIRIES CAN BE DIRECTED TO THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL ADDRESS; costa24@naki4wd.com

Why are you so quick to get your back up dude???

You are just undermining your position and your credibility by posting defensive comments like that :D :D

Wouldn't it just be easier to conceed that, yes things did get away on you with the organisiation, and you are going to suspend entry status untill after all of the details and requirements of entry are finalised and entry forms made available??

I mean i was REALLY pissed when you started takin entries.

When you guy's said in your first post that you where running this great event, you would be sussing out entry details and fee's in the new year, then taking entries (which is the logical order of events).

So after gettin a preliminary team sorted (their trucks are still in a million bits, but would be finished inside the 6th mnth period), we were going to sit back and wait and see what the new year brought in terms or entry requirements and a bit more info on the event to make sure it was worth the expence and effort of coming down.

According to first post, that was fine.

But then you guys go and let it get out of control like this, fold under a little pressure, and take and accept entries to the point where the event is full before you have even an entry form, or devised anymore entry requirements other than at least two vehicles in a team requiring a winch :lol: ???

Its time you started showing that considerable organising experience you claim to have, the event is 6 months away, there was always plenty of time to fill those 6 places AFTER you had finalised the entry requirements :P :P :P :P

Deep breath :D

Anyways, i have said way more than i intended on this thread and my humble apologise for any angst i have created by my musings.

Keep me in mind for recovery duties, marshaling or toilet scrubbing :D

Will offer again in 6 months :lol:

Hug's n Kiss's :wink:
Last edited by DieselBoy on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

mudzilla
Hard Yaka

Postby mudzilla » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:25 am

monstr wrote:People that know me will tell you im a fairly laid back and dont get stressed ,But for F#CKS sake cant you guys leave it alone ,As has been stated a long time ago the organisers will be meeting in the new year and all will be revealed then .my hat goes off to these people for spending many hours and $s in organising a run for the benefit and enjoyment of others.I only hope they will not be put of by some of the comments made on this forum and realize that 99% of the people are with them 100%, As an organiser of a few advents it always amazes me the number of people who will sit back and criticise something like this but on the day when help is needed there nowhere to be seen ..Hope you all have a safe and happy Xmas..Steve

X2
36" Simex's is as close as I get to gardening

01' GMC Duramax 6.6 Turbo V8 Diesel ,,, 95' HiLux Winch truck ..

Bulletproof
Hard Yaka

Postby Bulletproof » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:21 am

monstr wrote:People that know me will tell you im a fairly laid back and dont get stressed ,But for F#CKS sake cant you guys leave it alone ,As has been stated a long time ago the organisers will be meeting in the new year and all will be revealed then .my hat goes off to these people for spending many hours and $s in organising a run for the benefit and enjoyment of others.I only hope they will not be put of by some of the comments made on this forum and realize that 99% of the people are with them 100%, As an organiser of a few advents it always amazes me the number of people who will sit back and criticise something like this but on the day when help is needed there nowhere to be seen ..Hope you all have a safe and happy Xmas..Steve

X3

Richard
Never say die, up man and try

taz01
Tazzles

Postby taz01 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:33 pm

those who really want to piss me off with negative options turn up and do it face to face if you don't have anything positive to say don't F#*KN say anything
I'm going I'm driving I'm going to enjoy it

And Merry Fkn Xmas
WARNING:
Insanity has replaced reason in the modification of this vehicle

you can follow me, but its gunna hurt

DJ
Hard Yaka

Postby DJ » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:00 pm

People that know me will tell you im a fairly laid back and dont get stressed ,But for F#CKS sake cant you guys leave it alone ,As has been stated a long time ago the organisers will be meeting in the new year and all will be revealed then .my hat goes off to these people for spending many hours and $s in organising a run for the benefit and enjoyment of others.I only hope they will not be put of by some of the comments made on this forum and realize that 99% of the people are with them 100%, As an organiser of a few advents it always amazes me the number of people who will sit back and criticise something like this but on the day when help is needed there nowhere to be seen ..Hope you all have a safe and happy Xmas

X4
just curious but ...DB, did you organise all the relative coverage etc etc at the xmass event (ORE Xmass 2007) at your folks place ...??? or is this a case of do as I say not do as I do??

fj40
Hard Yaka

Postby fj40 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:22 pm

taz01 wrote:those who really want to piss me off with negative options turn up and do it face to face if you don't have anything positive to say don't F#*KN say anything
I'm going I'm driving I'm going to enjoy it

And Merry Fkn Xmas

X2
its not how big the 4x4 is its how angry the diver is

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:39 am

[
Last edited by wisard2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
92 swb Pajero ute. 3 litre V6 manual. 33" Mud wranglers, Diff breathers, Snorkle, 9500lbs electric winch, Rear diff lock, CB & PRS radio's.

BlackDeath
Maverick

Postby BlackDeath » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:25 am

lets just do it and enjoy i know i will

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:38 am

[
Last edited by wisard2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 swb Pajero ute. 3 litre V6 manual. 33" Mud wranglers, Diff breathers, Snorkle, 9500lbs electric winch, Rear diff lock, CB & PRS radio's.

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:28 am

[
Last edited by wisard2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

madaz068
Hard Yaka

Postby madaz068 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:46 am

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:59 pm

[
Last edited by wisard2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

madaz068
Hard Yaka

Postby madaz068 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Can user MSI please drop me a PM

Ta

Nick

1lurch
Bush Crasher

Postby 1lurch » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:18 pm

......."Those that can.........DO, and those that can't.........just sit behind a pc and slag off at everyone else"!!!

Never a truer word said !

Lurch.

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:55 pm

[
Last edited by wisard2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:44 am

all teams can you please let Dace know thru this site if your still entering and have full teams. we have back up drivers with good 4wds willing to join teams!!
we wont let any politics ruin this event, and any postings relating to this will be considered sabotage and not well looked upon!

thanks, Euan
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:55 pm

[
Last edited by wisard2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dace
Hard Yaka

Postby Dace » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:48 pm

These are the poeple I have registered as competitors events helpers
I don't have any info yet for Navigators so if ya cold pm me, I will get ya listed for the event and the new thread

Cheers
Dace

Team Fugly, Suzuki1k, Black Death, Gareth
Team nuts, Haynzy, Landy Rover, Tony Hunt
Team Cruzer, BeerCruiser, Crispy, FJ40
Team Mismatch, Taz01, Mark(Crispys mate), (mike maybe)
Team Goonies, Blackcruiser, 4X4Wntabe, Dave Cunningham
Back up 1, Diesel Boy, Wopass, The Mud General

Helpers
Saddam
Jerry
Curly
Jafa
Abbo
Got a Daihatsu Something, hasn't got a Daihatsu engine.... or diffs.... and it doesn't have windows.... or doors.... but its got tyres.... :)

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:06 pm

youll need to be given access to the thread if your a team member or helper. I'll need a list given to me so i can grant it. These must be usernames not real names :D
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:14 am

ALL YOU GUYS THAT HAVE ENTERED IN THIS EVENT, PLEASE NOTE THAT IT NOW HAS A NEW THREAD. YOU WILL NEED TO GO TO THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THESE MESSAGES TO ACCESS THE COSTA PLENTY 24 HR TUFF TRUCK CHALLENGE.

WE STILL NEED THOSE THAT HAVEN'T YET REGISTERED TO DO SO, AND THAT INCLUDES ALL NAVI'S/CO-DRIVERS. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ALL REGISTERED AND GET YOUR CO-DRIVER TO DO SO TOO.

ALL POSTINGS/NEWS/UPDATES ETC WILL NOW ONLY BE FOUND ON THE BELOW LINK.

IF ANYONE HAS TROUBLE ACCESSING THE NEW THREAD, PLEASE PM EITHER MYSELF OR DACE.

viewforum.php?f=83
Last edited by wisard2 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dace
Hard Yaka

Postby Dace » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Heres a link that actually works :wink:

viewforum.php?f=83
Got a Daihatsu Something, hasn't got a Daihatsu engine.... or diffs.... and it doesn't have windows.... or doors.... but its got tyres.... :)

Beer_Cruiser
Hard Yaka

Postby Beer_Cruiser » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:36 pm

nup...I still cant get in...

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:51 pm

[

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:36 am

[

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:16 pm

[

wisard2
Hard Yaka

Postby wisard2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:52 pm

T
Last edited by wisard2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:06 pm

are we allowed to install a flux capacitor? if so, how many would be allowed per team?

Dace
Hard Yaka

Postby Dace » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:47 pm

turoa wrote:are we allowed to install a flux capacitor? if so, how many would be allowed per team?

Yes, Flux capacitor's are allowed, 1 per vehicle, but must be secured with rated bolts and only activated immediately prior to time travel.

What was in ya deleted pm, aye :?

Return to “Events”