---+++ KIWI 4X4 CHALLENGE +++---

williamhamilton
Hard Yaka

Re: ---+++ KIWI 4X4 CHALLENGE +++---

Postby williamhamilton » Mon May 31, 2010 1:30 pm

williamhamilton wrote:Looking for a number of marshals for the weekend - drop an email to challenge@kiwi4x4.org.nz or PM me if interested.

cheers

W

bump

williamhamilton
Hard Yaka

Postby williamhamilton » Mon May 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Just added the eighth team to the site - still interested in pics, stories etc. see: http://kiwi4x4challenge.co.nz/

cheers

W

taz01
Tazzles

Postby taz01 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 am

Heres a story for ya willie.........Its still farken raining............gunna be fun dude ....i pity the navi as i sit nice and cosy in the cab :lol: :lol:
i dont really pity the navi but im so pleased its not me.... :lol: :lol:

Serious Note:
Take care on Moonshine Rd
30Km speed limit on Bulls Run Rd and Rallywoods Rd please
WARNING:
Insanity has replaced reason in the modification of this vehicle

you can follow me, but its gunna hurt

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:42 pm

i would like to know why there is a penalty for running 37s? is the person who made that rule simple or just stupid? if your gonna be all SWEET about it then you should make it a certain height under the diff head at 30psi tyre pressure or something because tyre size only goes up when diff size goes up, a suzuki on 35s is obviously going to dig shit loads further than a unimog with 35s on it isnt it? or do you need it explained more?

whos the COOL PERSON that made that any way?

chevrolux
Hard Yaka

Postby chevrolux » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 pm

cool__bananas wrote:i would like to know why there is a penalty for running 37s? is the person who made that rule simple or just stupid? if your gonna be all SWEET about it then you should make it a certain height under the diff head at 30psi tyre pressure or something because tyre size only goes up when diff size goes up, a suzuki on 35s is obviously going to dig shit loads further than a unimog with 35s on it isnt it? or do you need it explained more?

dude i dont know who you are. Im sure your a good fella. But every post i see of yours your moaning about the rules. You moaned about the Costa Tough truck rules and now you're moaning about these ones. Dont want to fill this forum up wth a shit fight just making an observation.

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 pm

cool__bananas wrote:i would like to know why there is a penalty for running 37s? is the person who made that rule simple or just stupid? if your gonna be all SWEET about it then you should make it a certain height under the diff head at 30psi tyre pressure or something because tyre size only goes up when diff size goes up, a suzuki on 35s is obviously going to dig shit loads further than a unimog with 35s on it isnt it? or do you need it explained more?

mitch if you are not happy with the rules then why are you bothering to enter at all

just turn up and have fun

you may actually enjoy yourself :roll:

p.s. don't go name calling those who are working hard behind the scenes to organise an event, otherwise you will just end up in the same boat as you are in trialing, where a few fellow competitors think you are an immature boy who doesn't deserve to be there.

I'm not saying that I think that, just stating the facts.

Pull the zip across your mouth and go have fun :idea: :mrgreen:
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

williamhamilton
Hard Yaka

Postby williamhamilton » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:59 pm

skid wrote:Pull the zip across your mouth and go have fun :idea: :mrgreen:

Or keep going but make sure you bring along a HUGE bribe for the folk in funny fluro jackets (PM me if you would like some suggestions in that regard)

W

haynzy
Hard Yaka

Postby haynzy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:13 am

Do you run 37's on ya trials buggy? why not?
coming from someone who ran 37's in last years tuff truck at costa, even if the penaltys had been applied it makes little difference when some of the stages take more than an hour, this is not like trials where its all over in a couple of minutes but then again having things finish in minutes may be all trials guys are used too!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
swb lux with 7mge, trailgear crossover, trailgear rear lift kit, custom front bar, runva 1200lb winch, custom snorkel, 37" Mtrs, custom deck, lockright in the rear.

taz01
Tazzles

Postby taz01 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:48 am

37s hmmm just as well mine are 33s....thats what written on the side wall in whiteout pen :lol: :lol: I think our team should be given points as we have some serious handicaps :lol: :lol: ........and bribing marshalls :shock: ....who would do such a thing...if its newbie we just dont have enough jellybeans dude :lol: :lol:
Lets all have fun people .....on the bright side its stopped raining....for now we may not need ya boat haynzy
WARNING:
Insanity has replaced reason in the modification of this vehicle

you can follow me, but its gunna hurt

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:08 am

i may have got a bit fired up but im just tryna say that its unfair if you penalise people of just tyre size, it should be done from height under diff head otherwise someone could turn up on 35s on a suzuki and make everything a walk in the park and not be penalised for it

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:33 am

no different to national winch comp type rules fella, max diameter etc etc... if you can get 35's on a zuk then good on ya! mmmm :) hmmm :):)
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

Dace
Hard Yaka

Postby Dace » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 am

cool__bananas wrote:i may have got a bit fired up but im just tryna say that its unfair if you penalise people of just tyre size, it should be done from height under diff head otherwise someone could turn up on 35s on a suzuki and make everything a walk in the park and not be penalised for it

Mitch, there are some very sound reasons behind the tyre size limits for this event, which cover a much broader range that you seem to realise.

firstly, performance wise, we realise that a suk on 33's will have a diff clearance advantage over safari and landcruiser diffs on 35's, its a given really, and we cant do anything about that. but tyre size also a proportional effect on footprint size, and hence traction ability. I am sure you would agree that a safari on 35's will suffer vs a Hilux on 39.5 inch tyres?

second point ya need to draw a limit somewhere, we realise that there are trucks around welly with tyre up to and above 39's, would they be fair competion to any 4x4 on 35's?

third is budget... we want the people entering on 33's and 35's to have a fair go against all other teams,

and four, Rallywoods have for some time had a quiet rule of no tyres over 35's, which they intend starting to enforce in the near future. As such, the tyre size rule is an agreement between the organisers and Rallywoods shareholders for this event

I hope the above puts your concerns to rest Mitch

Edited for spelling!!!
Got a Daihatsu Something, hasn't got a Daihatsu engine.... or diffs.... and it doesn't have windows.... or doors.... but its got tyres.... :)

wgtnnewbie
Hard Yaka

Postby wgtnnewbie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:34 pm

taz01 wrote:37s hmmm just as well mine are 33s....thats what written on the side wall in whiteout pen :lol: :lol: I think our team should be given points as we have some serious handicaps :lol: :lol: ........and bribing marshalls :shock: ....who would do such a thing...if its newbie we just dont have enough jellybeans dude :lol: :lol:
Lets all have fun people .....on the bright side its stopped raining....for now we may not need ya boat haynzy

hey thats not fair i don't even like jellybeans.....tho if you had chocolate,coffee (good coffee), good steak n cheese pies and things like that then well what 37s they look like 33s to me.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and no you didn't miss the marker those wheel tracks 10ft outside it were always there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
truckless and shall remain so till she who wears the pants says otherwise.................lol

cool__bananas
Hard Yaka

Postby cool__bananas » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:21 pm

im sorry as i did not know that rallywoods had a limit to tyre size, no one has ever said this to me before.

Landy Rover
Hard Yaka

Postby Landy Rover » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:36 am

The weather has cleared for your event :) Just wishing yous all the best, Im sure it will be a fun event.,.,and Haynzy, you wont need your boat, but take a life jacket, might be some larrrrge water holes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
S3 Rover truck cab, injected 186, Sals rear,Toyota P/steer, Safari disc brakes front, R/Rover D/brakes rear, 9500 winch,twin optima batts, roll bar, Disco seats, 33" JTs, scene lamps, onboard air, Front ARB locker.

wgtnnewbie
Hard Yaka

Postby wgtnnewbie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:36 am

ok couple of questions....
1: do marshalls have to pay overnight fees????

2: do we have to bring extra diesel for the genny (or couple of bucks).

and do you need an extra 9kg gas bottle 90% fullfor the shower and such.
truckless and shall remain so till she who wears the pants says otherwise.................lol

stinky
House Hubby

Postby stinky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:23 pm

1 no
2 would be nice
3 yes please

wgtnnewbie
Hard Yaka

Postby wgtnnewbie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 pm

stinky wrote:1 no
2 would be nice
3 yes please

cool (how bout i substitute gas bottle for diesel...lol)

ah well will see you all tomorrow before 10 i'll even try to be there by 9.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

just sorting out the shit i need to bring.... :roll: :roll:

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:16 pm

wgtnnewbie wrote:ok couple of questions....
1: do marshalls have to pay overweight fees???? Unfortunately for you, yes.
2: do we have to bring extra diesel for the genny (or couple of bucks). Don't think Bubba is attending so the bucks won't be needed thanks

and do you need an extra 90kg fulla for the shower and such. Do you have a half version of you

*CHILLAX BRO.*

stinky
House Hubby

Postby stinky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Skid your a shit

Martin

http://www.wtbs.co.nz

abbo
Hard Yaka

Postby abbo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Just got back from up there and there is some nice looking trucks up there...... :mrgreen:
Don't have 4wd.

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:38 pm

stinky wrote:Skid your a shit

thanks oh stink one

lots of loves your way :mrgreen:

*CHILLAX BRO.*

stinky
House Hubby

Postby stinky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:42 pm

abbo wrote:Just got back from up there and there is some nice looking trucks up there...... :mrgreen:

Realy must go and look before there all busted

Martin

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:22 pm

my cruiser is all packed and im heading off in 10hrs 8) better make sure my beers are cold :) see ya all there!
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

williamhamilton
Hard Yaka

Postby williamhamilton » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:34 pm

badnuz wrote:my cruiser is all packed and im heading off in 10hrs 8) better make sure my beers are cold :) see ya all there!

Just leave the beer outside :)

W

stinky
House Hubby

Postby stinky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:50 pm

My beers already there ah and so is Taz bugger

Martin

wgtnnewbie
Hard Yaka

Postby wgtnnewbie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:53 am

stinky wrote:My beers already there ah and so is Taz bugger

so you mean your beer was there and you'll be bringing in more today....lol

oh and i'll be at moonshine haywards corner between 8:30 and 8:45 if anyone wants to convoy in.

GETNLD
Hard Yaka

Postby GETNLD » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:01 pm

was on my way,made it far as petone as a wheel bearing colapsed,quick trip to skf and antony hargreaves and sorted,then get a call on radio,to hear other team truck has blowen the diff up and sitting on the side of the motorway waiting for me to tow him,,doh oh well

see ya up there tomorrow tho.

mroffroader
Hard Yaka

Postby mroffroader » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Was a good event...shame we couldn't stay in it :lol:

Big ups to all the guys that made it happen. Was a good weekend!
80 series tow bus towing a redneck ass vitara :D

mazdamike
Hard Yaka

Postby mazdamike » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:21 pm

hay what did u brake this time lol and how was 2s going

Return to “Events”