Marshalls needed in Masterton - 24th Feb

skid
Tyre Man

Re: Marshalls needed in Masterton - 24th Feb

Postby skid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Quick note to those of you coming to help. Bring protection from sun. Bring deck chair if you dont like sitting on grass. Bring extra food and drink. We are cooking sausages in bread for lunch and have water bottles for you but if you require extra food and drink then make sure you bring some.

Thanks again.

Skid
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

fullthrottle
Shuttle Queen

Postby fullthrottle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 am

Late notice I know....but if anyone wants a ride over, I am leaving my place (Moonshine Rd) at 4pm today.
Won't be coming back until well after the event.

Cheers
Ants

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 am

4hr round trip squashed 3 up in the front of my cruiser, $150 of fuel, 9 1/2 hours standing in the blazing sun on uneven ground.... fawk yeah that was a good day :D

SirGerald
Hard Yaka

Postby SirGerald » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Was an awesome day and seemed to run nice and smooth.

Cheers for Skid and all the crew for organising and to the marshalls
Team Lada Loves Sloppy Holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

big ups to all you guys who came over/down/up to marshall .We really appreciate the help and hope you had a good day.Have just got in the door from clearing the site.Looking forward to a soak in the pool ( cold spa pool ) dinner ,orange juice ( well it has an orange coloured twist top ) dinner then bed .Ray Hill from the naki took out the day,with brian howat second and warren jeffery third ( i think from a hazy memory )
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 pm

apparently howies's airbourne speed section is on youtube already .Has any body found it yet ! if so can you post a link .Here is the hutchies airbourne Image
Last edited by sig on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:31 pm

awesome day, had fun marshalling and trying to stir up some of the old ladies out for their sunday drive in the D class buggies (our stages).

Don't know the drivers but more interested in the constructors championship. Was it 1st and 3rd cowper trucks and 2nd howat truck? 8)
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:01 pm

sig wrote:apparently howies's airbourne speed section is on youtube already .Has any body found it yet ! if so can you post a link .Have the hutchies airbourne one on my lappy and will try to load it later
Attachments
IMG_8199.JPG
IMG_8183.JPG
IMG_8168.jpg
IMG_7884.JPG
IMG_7892.JPG
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Jerry wrote:
sig wrote:apparently howies's airbourne speed section is on youtube already .Has any body found it yet ! if so can you post a link .Have the hutchies airbourne one on my lappy and will try to load it later

Surely you have more Jerry?

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 pm

dont think ray or bubbas buggys are cowper trucks
mike wrote:awesome day, had fun marshalling and trying to stir up some of the old ladies out for their sunday drive in the D class buggies (our stages).

Don't know the drivers but more interested in the constructors championship. Was it 1st and 3rd cowper trucks and 2nd howat truck? 8)

Pedro
Hard Yaka

Postby Pedro » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

bloody good day, was meant to be driving but it seems 21psi is to much for a motor designed for 7psi..... between scrut and trailer the owner lunched the motor,
Rock up to marshal and was given a "natural man made" obstacle, interesting comments by some competitors, had two logs, a pile of dirt and some rocks.
had a few "comments" and apparently it was protested after the morning session by several competitors, protest was not up held, there was nothing that you would not encounter on a 4wd track in NZ. but it showed a few trucks that are built extremely light in the swing arm department, resulting in bent arms when stepping over things, and I hear a water hazard, that was below max depth, that 15 odd competitors ( i am told) refused to enter cause their air cleaners were only about 4-500mm off the deck. it would seem snorkels are not asthetically pleasing in modern truck design. it would be very interesting if a trial was held where there were multiple river crossings over the course of the day, greenies prevent that anyway!.

managed to dodge the marshalling for the afternoon and got to watch the vehicles perform, there are some 4 cyl out there with serious power!!!
watched howies "flight" the flight was good, landing not so flash, resulting in a couple bent rims one to the point of almost turned inside out.

Congrats to hilly for winning the day and good one skid and windy well done

Pedro

fullthrottle
Shuttle Queen

Postby fullthrottle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Was a great day out. Hot, hot and dusty, but had a smile on my face all day.
Good bunch, a few moaners over our water hazard.

Can't remember, but who was truck 109 or 190?? had to pull out during the first round. Very funny, full throttle, flying out of the water hole, then continued his theme past the finish pegs and jumped the entire road. The best performance of the day for me.
Was going to give him -50 :lol:

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm

sig wrote:big ups to all you guys who came over/down/up to marshall .We really appreciate the help and hope you had a good day.Have just got in the door from clearing the site.Looking forward to a soak in the pool ( cold spa pool ) dinner ,orange juice ( well it has an orange coloured twist top ) dinner then bed .Ray Hill from the naki took out the day,with brian howat second and warren jeffery third ( i think from a hazy memory )

What he said. Massive thanks to all from ORE. Without you guys we would not have had enough marshalls.

Lucky you Sig for getting home before 5pm. By the time I collected the dog and disposed of my cargo and the trailer it was on, it was well after dark. I am shattered and going to hopefully have a great nights sleep back in my own bed ;-)

*CHILLAX BRO.*

Dr_PC
Hard Yaka

Postby Dr_PC » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:30 am

Good rally, nice to catch up with the Wellington Bandits from ORE even if it was only for a couple of minutes at the start of the hazard. Bent a rim at the start of 28 so it was Howie returning to the pits that gave my coey a lift and then Phil Bayliss to the rescue bringing both my spare and coey back to the hazard, assisting with the changing of spare AND then returning the damaged unit back to the pits for us, Many thanks and my coey does owe you a bee for that. 13.25 hours Monday and we were home

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:14 am

Yip, huge thanks to the marshalls that volinteered! Was great to see alot of friendly familiar faces round the place, Ingrid and Kirstie enjoyed there day, even if Dan tried to take out the fence Ingrid was standing behind (marshalling morning speed section) -video to come soon...
Though the hazards were great, nothing to stupidly steep and gave a bit of advantage to us smaller trucks! :D No problem with the water depth, I know the limits for water, and trucks set up accordingly!!
It's just more fun in a lada !!

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 am

rotordogg wrote: No problem with the water depth, I know the limits for water, and trucks set up accordingly!!

Be interested to see footage of this water hole, heard quite a bit about it.... :mrgreen:

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:36 am

lilpigzuk wrote:
rotordogg wrote: No problem with the water depth, I know the limits for water, and trucks set up accordingly!!

Be interested to see footage of this water hole, heard quite a bit about it.... :mrgreen:

counties pussies :wink: :wink: :lol:

*CHILLAX BRO.*

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 am

skid wrote:
lilpigzuk wrote:

I'll be sure too pass on your comments :lol: :mrgreen:

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 am

skid wrote:
lilpigzuk wrote:

I haven't checked footage yet (co-driver has it) but should be footage of me, John C and Dan C going through that, will post some up....

Dr_PC
Hard Yaka

Postby Dr_PC » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:24 pm

lilpigzuk wrote:

Well it was plenty bloody deep when I walked into it to check the depth, and found that I had 2 left feet and couldn't stand up on either. When I surfaced it was neck deep then I stood up it was a little less than nut deep. A good solid base which gave me a zero. Lunchtime was 2 schools of thought on that obstacle, those that had a zero and the 7 who didn't do it and took a 100

Madaz
Hard Yaka

Postby Madaz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Dr_PC wrote:
lilpigzuk wrote:

Well it was plenty bloody deep when I walked into it to check the depth, and found that I had 2 left feet and couldn't stand up on either. When I surfaced it was neck deep then I stood up it was a little less than nut deep. A good solid base which gave me a zero. Lunchtime was 2 schools of thought on that obstacle, those that had a zero and the 7 who didn't do it and took a 100

Let me guess?????? theres 7 people cryin about it now????? :lol:

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Dr_PC wrote:
lilpigzuk wrote:

There were 7 good trucks that chose not to drive into and I noticed 2 E Class trucks scored 100 as well. It cost some of them big time including 2nd overall

I heard you got to the edge Dan and just dove in head first for a swim :lol: :lol: :lol:

*CHILLAX BRO.*

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 am

Thought Dr PC's truck would be long enough to have the front out of water before the back went in?? :lol:

Dan Cowper in water:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3zNk-SH ... e=youtu.be

You can see passanges side tyre's not completely covered, but drivers side just under the surface, Out of interest, His air filter is hanging off the back of the engine....

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 pm

rotordogg wrote:Thought Dr PC's truck would be long enough to have the front out of water before the back went in?? :lol:

You read it wrong dogg

Dan decided to trip over his own two feet as he went to look at water hazard resulting in a dive worthy of an olympic games medal

*CHILLAX BRO.*

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:41 pm

shit looks like you had a good day dogg you were up against some pretty competitive big hp trucks.... good result :P 8)

reddog40
Bush Crasher

Postby reddog40 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:54 pm

After rescuing dans navi ,who could barely speak, with his spare tyre I should have dropped him off at the water hazard for a swim.

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 am

Sadam_Husain wrote:shit looks like you had a good day dogg you were up against some pretty competitive big hp trucks.... good result :P 8)

Thanks Mate,
SirGerald worked the brakes well all day and the truck was on song all day too, The courses were nicely set up that you didn't need huge HP or be really wide to get anywhere, makes a nice change!!
Blown away by result!! :D

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 am

Sorry Skid, can't get onto FB at moment, here's a short vid that you were after:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQe_EgUpPxA

Haven't uploaded full length one yet...

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Return to “Events”