Christchurch 4WD Club Open Day 17th Feb

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Re: Christchurch 4WD Club Open Day 17th Feb

Postby petefj40 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:00 pm

OVERSZ wrote:The Weather wasn't brilliant, but the folks that came were. Seeing the smiles on the faces as we made our way down the Kowai River made up for it big time.
We had 40 trucks plus the club trucks and broke into groups of 5-7. We also gave the option of a couple of groups playing hard. Ropes, winching and one truck floating in the Waimak were all part and parcel for the hard players. Meanwhile those on the easy teams began to experiment with little angles and bigger as they learned about them selves and their trucks.
A few even tried a short pinch through some willows. Some getting there while others needed to be towed out.
One truck had to be taken out to the road and the AA man after it lost all power after being in some not very deep water. This was in the newest Truck but the assure me they will be back for more.

We all returned to the Sheffield Domain for a sausage sizzle and anyone who got towed, stuck, or even just felt a bit nervous at times picked up a price. Anything from Tow Ropes to Bow Shackles. Minties were a popular prize.
At the end more than 25 indicated they would like to followup on a second club trip. ( a requirement of the club membership to to complete 2 day trips before being proposed for full membership.

Members also report they had a great day and enjoyed meeting every one there.
Thanks to those who came along.
Our next Club night is on Monday 11th March at the Cashmere Club. Meeting Starts at 7.30pm.
And those who say meetings are boring, I say why does 80% of our members come to our meeting. Its because our meeting are fun.
See you there

Cheers Graham, good job.

89lux
Hard Yaka

Postby 89lux » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 pm

was a great day out even if i was just a passenger, ill def be back, now to get the 40 back on the road

juz
Hard Yaka

Postby juz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 pm

petefj40 wrote:
OVERSZ wrote:The Weather wasn't brilliant, but the folks that came were. Seeing the smiles on the faces as we made our way down the Kowai River made up for it big time.
We had 40 trucks plus the club trucks and broke into groups of 5-7. We also gave the option of a couple of groups playing hard. Ropes, winching and one truck floating in the Waimak were all part and parcel for the hard players. Meanwhile those on the easy teams began to experiment with little angles and bigger as they learned about them selves and their trucks.
A few even tried a short pinch through some willows. Some getting there while others needed to be towed out.
One truck had to be taken out to the road and the AA man after it lost all power after being in some not very deep water. This was in the newest Truck but the assure me they will be back for more.

We all returned to the Sheffield Domain for a sausage sizzle and anyone who got towed, stuck, or even just felt a bit nervous at times picked up a price. Anything from Tow Ropes to Bow Shackles. Minties were a popular prize.
At the end more than 25 indicated they would like to followup on a second club trip. ( a requirement of the club membership to to complete 2 day trips before being proposed for full membership.

Members also report they had a great day and enjoyed meeting every one there.
Thanks to those who came along.
Our next Club night is on Monday 11th March at the Cashmere Club. Meeting Starts at 7.30pm.
And those who say meetings are boring, I say why does 80% of our members come to our meeting. Its because our meeting are fun.
See you there

Cheers Graham, good job.

Good work! good to see a club being proactive and doing something like this for the public, alot of the club requirements eg. extinguisher etc put people off wanting try the club thing. Not many clubs could say they get 80% to there meetings either! :D
Softroader VW Amarok nowadays.... :roll:

The WEHI
Hard Yaka

Postby The WEHI » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:38 pm

KIWI_TERRANO wrote:
The WEHI wrote:anyone get video of me so called "floating" i even got a prize for it haha.

They read out my number plate,stood there like a numpty thinking i wonder who that is...... oh wait thats my truck they are pointing at haha

you were floating to fast for my ph to start recording cause i was trying, you just droped in and took off so dont know how you realised that ay

All i noticed was the water trying to turn me around had it near on full lock facing down river trying pull it back round but that just made me go further down haha
The_wehi@hotmail.com
(027 788 1046)
pzj70,35's,Lockers,Winch and some stickers for added flex.
^^Soon to be on safari axles and 5.13's, 37's linked front and rear^^
Ln60 project (money pit) <-- Sold
Pzj77 Turbo/auto,33's .

The WEHI
Hard Yaka

Postby The WEHI » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Was definatley a well set up day out, never thought id join a club, but this has definatley changed my mind.
The_wehi@hotmail.com
(027 788 1046)
Pzj77 Turbo/auto,33's .

KIWI_TERRANO
Hard Yaka

Postby KIWI_TERRANO » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:46 pm

89lux wrote:was a great day out even if i was just a passenger, ill def be back, now to get the 40 back on the road

what where you in mate?

and yes cheers was a perfect day and a great way to get the club name out there

wilsonscruiser
Winch master

Postby wilsonscruiser » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Petes gopro vid has you floating in the mak, at least i think its you the wehi. Check it out at 2:03min. Correct me if im wrong.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 pm

wilsonscruiser wrote:Petes gopro vid has you floating in the mak, at least i think its you the wehi. Check it out at 2:03min. Correct me if im wrong.

I'm pretty sure it was when he first entered the river. I only got him returning. :D

wilsonscruiser
Winch master

Postby wilsonscruiser » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 pm

What an awesome day, huge turn out. Im not a member to the christchurch 4wd club, but went to their meeting last monday and found it really interesting with all the stories of past trips and future trips to come. I'll be joining this great club as soon as i can...
Go the 80's

89lux
Hard Yaka

Postby 89lux » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm

KIWI_TERRANO wrote:
89lux wrote:was a great day out even if i was just a passenger, ill def be back, now to get the 40 back on the road

what where you in mate?

i was in my mates 80 silver/red with the ironman bar

The WEHI
Hard Yaka

Postby The WEHI » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 am

wilsonscruiser wrote:Petes gopro vid has you floating in the mak, at least i think its you the wehi. Check it out at 2:03min. Correct me if im wrong.

Yeah thats it i think me trying to pull it round made it worse lol
The_wehi@hotmail.com
(027 788 1046)
Pzj77 Turbo/auto,33's .

KIWI_TERRANO
Hard Yaka

Postby KIWI_TERRANO » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:37 pm

89lux wrote:
KIWI_TERRANO wrote:

what where you in mate?

i was in my mates 80 silver/red with the ironman bar

ah yes i know, i was navi in that silly safari

Filmz64
Driver/Navigator

Postby Filmz64 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 am

The WEHI wrote:anyone get video of me so called "floating" i even got a prize for it haha.

They read out my number plate,stood there like a numpty thinking i wonder who that is...... oh wait thats my truck they are pointing at haha

Yeah Bro, that's definately you on Petes vid, I was following pete in my FJ40 and got across just in time to see you. Might need to fill the tires with concrete to keep it on the ground. No chance of mine floating it's got too many holes in the floor pan!

Great job in organising the day guys, I will definately be back.

justin
Driver/Navigator

Postby justin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:08 pm

I missed this one. any one that is keen on the same kinda thing again? im a novice and have a standard sn65(1986 hilux surf 3ypetrol) love it heaps,
regards justin

jt3000
Driver/Navigator

Postby jt3000 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:36 pm

I am keen to come along to the next one. Anything on the horizon?

OVERSZ
Hard Yaka

Postby OVERSZ » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:28 am

Hi Guys.

Haven't checked into this part of the forum for a while so sorry for the late reply.

Chch 4WD Club has a Facebook page. On there I notify any trips we have coming up for prospective members and for those that have started the easy membership process but don't yet have full membership and access to our Club Web Site.

So far since the Club Open Day 5 people have become Full Members. 3 more have submitted their application forms after completing their 2 day trips. They will become Full Members at the next meeting. I understand there are another 6-10 submitting their application at the next meeting and at least another 15 who need to do their 2nd trip.

The new guys and girls are loving the club scene and going on trips to places they haven't been before.
We've also had a training day that was very well supported and we will have a few more of these in coming months.

Our Meetings are fun and entertaining with lots of laughs. Past Trips always bring out the worst in the story teller and new trips talked about.

Next Meeting at the Cashmere Club is on the 14th May at 7.30pm. Its our AGM but don't worry it only takes a few minutes and you wont end up with a job.

Vince from Iron Man will be there to show off some of his products.

So to sum up.

Check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christchu ... 6604907457
or Come to our next meeting on the 14th. We would love to meet you.

Cheers

Graham
President (for now)

Return to “Events”