Queenstown 4WDriving?

Ern
Driver/Navigator

Queenstown 4WDriving?

Postby Ern » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Hey guys, I'm here in NZ traveling from Canada taking the Kiwi Experience bus tour around the country. Here's my intro post with some pics of my hilux back home: http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... 38&t=33966
I'll be down in Queenstown for a few days this weekend. Thursday-monday planned at the moment but I could extend that if there's lots going on

Are there any wheeling or camping trips planned for the weekend? Something more than a shiny run would be 8) (rock crawling maybe?)

Its always fun to get off the beaten track and experience some of the real NZ instead of just all the touristy stuff... I've met some good mates in Auckland, Wellington & Westport for some wheeling so far - lots of cool stuff here in kiwi land :mrgreen: I'm always down for an adventure to meet some new mates and have a few drinks if anyone is keen

I've got a mat & sleeping bag if anyone has an extra spot on a camping/wheeling trip. Or an open seat on a day trip out hitting the local tracks would be cool. Let me know what's going on and let's have some fun!

I'm not expecting a free ride and will gladly chip in for fuel and whatnot

I'm planning to do the nevis bungee when I get to town and a tour to milford sound - maybe the canyon swing too :shock: Should have time for wheelin too:mrgreen:

Cheers!
Aaron
021 320 815

Big
Hard Yaka

Re: Queenstown 4WDriving?

Postby Big » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:21 pm

there is a Old man range trip going on. on Sunday.. be a big day but Im not sure who is going and if it is confirmed.. I'll find out.. but it's a great ride ( havent done it yet either) :( And my truck is not cert'd yet so would be dodgy to take it being a long trip.. :lol: :mrgreen:
Will ring pressy and find out.. :D

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Help aaron out with a seat if can, hes ok and low maintenence :lol:
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:57 pm

You could go to Arrowtown (20km out of Queenstown), and hang out at the Arrow river gorge. Thats the entrance to the Macetown track, into a historic gold mining town, fascinating stuff.

There are lots of trucks going up there in summer, 20 something river crossings each way... maybe tag along?
TOYOTA - The Official Vehicle of ISIS!
And makers of the '92 Camry, where you got your first backseat handjob.

Ern
Driver/Navigator

Postby Ern » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks Big. That trip sounds good. Keep me posted.

lax2wig: That sounds pretty cool, but unfortunately I've got no wheels. I'm just touring around on the Kiwi Experience bus.

Cheers Jerry. Was nice wheeling & camping with you. Thanks for the ride.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Yip its a go but it'll be weather dependant sorry.. can get bit hairy up there if its bad..lol sars boys wouldnt be happy with a call out there either.. :lol:
contact AL at president@shotover4wdclub.co.nz for more details tell him you were the dude off ore.. and he'll see ya right :wink: make sure tho bring warm gear.. :mrgreen:

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:12 am

Trip is on.. so best ya get a hold of AL our pressy to arrange a ride.. he hasn't heard from you yet.. :!: And its an early start.. the day will be fantastic as there is a big H over us.. very scenic..

Ern
Driver/Navigator

Postby Ern » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:58 am

Hey sorry Big. I got quite busy and haven't had the chance to get online... Bummed I missed out on this but its hard to fit everything in.
I hope you're having an awesome time out there right now! Another beautiful day. 8) I'm jealous.
Thanks for the offer though and sorry I couldn't make it.
Cheers

Return to “Events”