2015 Kiwi Teams Winch Challenge FEEDBACK PLEASE

skid
Tyre Man

2015 Kiwi Teams Winch Challenge FEEDBACK PLEASE

Postby skid » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed the Kiwi Teams Winch Challenge again this year.

I was gutted I couldn't be there to run it, but trials events have been my 4x4 priority since forever and I wasn't going to pass up the once in a lifetime opportunity.

The reason for this post is to gain some feedback on this years event and maybe previous years as well. If you have any suggestions or complaints then I want to hear them.

The feedback I receive will be read by me and only me and I will not pass it on to anybody. You can comment in complete confidence and I wont be offended by anything that's suggested. I am keen to hear everyones thoughts so the Kiwi 4x4 Club can make the event even better.

So in asking for comments I would request that you send them to my personal email address so that only I will see them.

Thanks heaps and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

Skid

skiddynz@live.com

p.s. if you are not shy then you can post up feedback here if you like ;-)
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Re: 2015 Kiwi Teams Winch Challenge FEEDBACK PLEASE

Postby catalystracing » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Dont mind posting here skid :D

I have marshaled Deadwood for about 10yrs and the Kiwi for the last 3 or so.
Over this time I have noticed a big improvement in attitude from competitors toward marshals, it is something I look forward to doing to help make the event run.
Though I noticed at the last Kiwi that the only bribe offered was $1.50 in loose change.... :roll:

Im pretty easy going when it comes to how the event is run, both formats for marshaling at the Kiwi run recently had their merits and downfalls, as discussed.
The one issue I do have with both events is that marshals need some kind of recognition for the effort put in, ie: in some form of sponsored goodies.
Having run a national event in Model Power Boat racing, I know sponsorship is hard going, but even some fuel vouchers would be great. Just a thought to throw out there, could a $5 add on to the entry fee go toward something here. :?:
The deadwood looks after us with lunches and drinks throughout the day as you know (we used to get mugs or t-shirts but that stopped now) and this was better at the last Kiwi with snacks and nibbles to chomp on but if we were stationed at the hazard as we were, these were hard to come by.
So to sum up my ramblings-Make it known that drinks and food will be provided, and that some goodies would be handed out, it is two days out of a long weekend, which Im happy to do, and will do as long as I can. This would make a good event into a great one from my side of the comp truck. :mrgreen:

Cheers Paul.

Checkerhead
Hard Yaka

Postby Checkerhead » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:11 pm

I've had nothing to do with the Kiwi, but with regard to Catalystracings post, at the Cust winch challenge which is coming up, drivers, co-drivers and all marshals go in the draw to win a winch. Just a way of recognising the effort marshals put in.

Similarly, the last Rotorua winch challenge that I helped organise had some prize draws that marshals were included in (as well as getting a mug).
Supercharged VH45 Surf safari winch truck in the making
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33527&hilit=checker%2A

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:45 am

I also didn't have anything to do with the teams challenge but would be interested in putting in a team one year, in addition to the above comments our marshall's for the northbank challenge in marlborough were given a marshall's pack with nz 4wd mag and a few product goodies mostly benies and water bottles along with stickers and a $20 fuel voucher, although this did put an extra $500 on the budget it was well recived by them and represents some of the effort put in although it prob wouldn't cover the amount of fuel they used to get to and from the event.

I think its good to see you orginasers finding out whats wrong if anything and attempting to make things run better in the future, just remember you cant please everyone.

Cheers Leigh

pruggerdore
Hard Yaka

Postby pruggerdore » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm

As an organizer of such events I know how hard it is to get marshals and prizes too give. How about we start a trend of not giving anything to drivers at all and putting resources towards giving tokens of appreciation to marshals. realistically competitors are not there for a prize but sure appreciate the marshals being there to make an event happen. We use maps to hazards at our tough truck so we need less marshals and adds another dimension to the event.

Beer_Cruiser
Hard Yaka

Postby Beer_Cruiser » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:01 pm

pruggerdore wrote:As an organizer of such events I know how hard it is to get marshals and prizes too give. How about we start a trend of not giving anything to drivers at all and putting resources towards giving tokens of appreciation to marshals. realistically competitors are not there for a prize but sure appreciate the marshals being there to make an event happen. We use maps to hazards at our tough truck so we need less marshals and adds another dimension to the event.

I'll back this up.
As a competitor I'm not there for a prize. Buying prizes out of entry fees is probably not needed(maybe a few beers)
How about some sort of wash down facility to clean out radiators etc

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:25 pm

all the competitor needs is a trophy for winner,second and third. sponsored prizes are a bonus and always cool but trophy's to sit on the shelf to brag about, thats the money right there.
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

Madaz
Hard Yaka

Postby Madaz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:44 pm

The Waikato team thought you event was primo, and we all enjoyed it.
The only thing we would suggest would be timing a few more of the stages, rather than just two.
That would give you a bit more separation between the teams points.

Hope you let us back next year :D

Cheers

Return to “Events”