Mainland 4x4 Challenge 2016

suzolla
Hard Yaka

Mainland 4x4 Challenge 2016

Postby suzolla » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:11 am

Hi,
Yes I know the 2015 series has just finished and the planning may not have started yet for 2016, but thinking ahead about the possibility of coming down ( from Hamilton ) to do the series.
Plan would be to tow the truck down and drive to the first event, do the event, then drive to some place and leave the truck, trailer and tow vehicle some place that it could be securely stored, I guess somewhere in / near Christchurch then fly back to Hamilton. For the next event fly down pick up truck and do event and repeat process. Thinking Christchurch as can get cheap flights.
Questions.
Have the dates and locations for 2016 been set.
Is Christchurch the best location to base the truck from the point of travelling to the various events.
What is the total distance that would be traveled to and from the events for all four events if Christchurch was the base.
Also would need somewhere secure store it and do a bit of minor maintenance.

Just testing the water at the moment to see if it is feasible.

Cheers
Tim

Big
Hard Yaka

Re: Mainland 4x4 Challenge 2016

Postby Big » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:06 am

Plenty of places that can be stored.. got that bit covered.. as for time traveling.. well being central to most max would be ours in Queenstown and that about 6.5-7 hrs towing so not bad.. rest would within couple to few being Nelson 4-5 hrs away. . Be good to see ya down here as I think there might be a couple who might be looking at this too :twisted: :mrgreen:

tuff lux
Hard Yaka

Postby tuff lux » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:52 am

We r pretty serious about coming down had a big talk with Vicky about it wont do the series probly just the 2 day one in august...

suzolla
Hard Yaka

Postby suzolla » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:02 am

Trying to have a look at the http://www.mainlandwinchchallenges.co.nz/ web site to see the dates and locations but does not seem to be working, is it still meant to be working ??

Is there another link to the planned events

Cheers
Tim

Checkerhead
Hard Yaka

Postby Checkerhead » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 am

Hi Tim.

Yes that site is supposed to be working but the server lives in a caravan at the moment while long term Christchurch earthquake type repairs go on. The story is something like that anyway. Long and short is some days the site is all good, other times it's not.

I know a guy who lives rural and might be happy for you to park up between comps. It's outdoors and not secure per say but his stuff in in he same place. He's on this site. Will ask him how he feels about it.
Supercharged VH45 Surf safari winch truck in the making
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33527&hilit=checker%2A

suzolla
Hard Yaka

Postby suzolla » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Thanks for that Aaron.

Tried the web site again, now it takes me to this http://www.mainlandwinchchallenges.co.nz/mailscanner/login.php for some reason, have not come across this before.

Confused

Cheers
Tim

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Best to check the face book page as that will have all the info when it is available..

suzolla
Hard Yaka

Postby suzolla » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi Keri,
Thanks for that, will keep an eye out. Yes was good to meet you.
Cheers
Tim

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:50 pm

2 day event in August will be the NZ1 event so the one to watch out for if any of you are interested in coming down for 1 event. I will be running most of it and will have the details up shortly after new years, it will be run in Blenheim and Nelson so not to far from the ferry.

Can keep my ear to the ground for some storage up here if interested and could also help out with minor repairs but like you say its a pain for getting flights but not bad for the ferry.

Good to see some NI interest

Cheers Leigh

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Humm august ah...
Might have to start on a plan i be thinking

NOBDY
Bush Crasher

Postby NOBDY » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:27 am

I can prob help with secure storage in chch. Round dates aren't set yet, but I'd plan for 5, or so.
Fluffy and Phil (Force4) are I guess Robin(sp) seriously looking at doing some, if not all rounds.
2016, is going to be a big year, in the top class's.

Cool to have more Nth Island guys down. Sure that the guys down here can help sort storage, and event accommodation, to make things easier.

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:27 am

NOBDY wrote:I can prob help with secure storage in chch. Round dates aren't set yet, but I'd plan for 5, or so.
Fluffy and Phil (Force4) are I guess Robin(sp) seriously looking at doing some, if not all rounds.
2016, is going to be a big year, in the top class's.

Cool to have more Nth Island guys down. Sure that the guys down here can help sort storage, and event accommodation, to make things easier.

Im sure we can sort something out.. Cheese will have some secure storage for some..if not almost everyone..lol

monstr
Hard Yaka

Postby monstr » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:50 pm

If we can sort our sh#t out we are looking at coming down as well ,def interested in the 2 dayer in Aug but am going to try and do the whole series .

Team Tonka
Hard Yaka

Postby Team Tonka » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:25 am

I'm rural, just out of Rangiora, have plenty of room on the garden, workshop (ish) facilities, a couple of spare bedrooms, and would be happy to help out any North Islanders wanting to compete in MWC. (you would have to promise not to beat me too many times though!) Only possible problem is a tight driveway. I get round ok with my trailer but the wheels are under the deck. Certainly wouldn't get a converted bus in. To be honest I'd like to go the other way for an event or two next year if I can afford it. Cheers Andy.
May the force be with you.

Checkerhead
Hard Yaka

Postby Checkerhead » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:46 am

Team Tonka wrote:I'm rural, just out of Rangiora, have plenty of room on the garden, workshop (ish) facilities, a couple of spare bedrooms, and would be happy to help out any North Islanders wanting to compete in MWC. (you would have to promise not to beat me too many times though!) Only possible problem is a tight driveway. I get round ok with my trailer but the wheels are under the deck. Certainly wouldn't get a converted bus in. To be honest I'd like to go the other way for an event or two next year if I can afford it. Cheers Andy.

^^^This is who I was talking about. Figured you'd turn up eventually Andy.

For the Christchurch event I can offer a bed room. You'd probably want to accept any other offer first though as I can't offer much in the way of secure parking etc.
Supercharged VH45 Surf safari winch truck in the making
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33527&hilit=checker%2A

Return to “Events”