2018 Kiwi winch comp - 10 year anniversary

mike
Last minute Mike

2018 Kiwi winch comp - 10 year anniversary

Postby mike » Tue May 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi All,

Well it is that time of year again. 1 month out till the kiwi. This years is the 10th Anniversary and will most likely be the last. I think the club is going to look at running a totally different type of event/gathering. Naturally this is to be confirmed of course.

This years Kiwi is probably going to have the most seat time of all kiwis (for average teams). There is a good chance, that for the last kiwi, an average team will take away the trophy and get to keep it for ever due to the top teams entering the mainland which series. Great for my POS LR as it is still running and could have a chance. We have made some pretty cool new tracks which arnt all about big ruts and bogs, but more hill climbs, trees, team work and Massive amounts of seat time. The night speed section is going to be epic, you'll be hard pressed to beat my rover :mrgreen:

Same time, same place, same people.

Queens Bday weekend, Rallywoods, Kiwi 4x4 Club, which if you remember, started from this forum 12+ years ago 8)

Vid from the tracks for this years.
Who knows might see some old timers for the last kiwi.

1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

Beer_Cruiser
Hard Yaka

Re: 2018 Kiwi winch comp - 10 year anniversary

Postby Beer_Cruiser » Wed May 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Farrrrck sounds good boys
Some of them times seem a touch optimistic!!
I won't be able to make it
Will drink like I am.....
Have fun
Malcolm

mudtroll
Hard Yaka

Postby mudtroll » Wed May 02, 2018 6:52 pm

What a bugger it's finishing, always wanted to do this but something always got in the way.
What type of event is going to replace it?
Main thing will be timing, South Island series starts that weekend too & theirs a winch challenge in Hawkes Bay the weekend prior.
Might be helpful if organisers of these events had a way of communicating with each other to stop date clashes.
Would be awesome if we could get a winch challenge series going in the North Island.

mike
Last minute Mike

Postby mike » Mon May 28, 2018 9:34 pm

mudtroll wrote:What a bugger it's finishing, always wanted to do this but something always got in the way.
What type of event is going to replace it?
Main thing will be timing, South Island series starts that weekend too & theirs a winch challenge in Hawkes Bay the weekend prior.
Might be helpful if organisers of these events had a way of communicating with each other to stop date clashes.
Would be awesome if we could get a winch challenge series going in the North Island.

Yeah the timing took some long time entering teams away and the fact we have been at it for a decade has lead to the feeling of doing something different. There is talk of an ORE reunion next year for that weekend. :mrgreen: You know ORE has got old when reunion talk is being thrown around :shock: Rallywoods is the perfect place for it, one site, wicked campsite and social fire/bbq area and it now has tracks for all types of trucks. 8)
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

Return to “Events”