emissions pipe to intake

Lawrence
Bush Crasher

emissions pipe to intake

Postby Lawrence » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:36 pm

has anyone taken the pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold to the intake and it has the ywo valves on the intake side off, and just plated it up?
any performance increases?

dazza85
Hard Yaka

Re: emissions pipe to intake

Postby dazza85 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Yes and yes ...
Remove it from both manifolds and plate them off .
Because of the current noises being made about emissions,
The way a lot of people are doing it is to take the inlet side off and fit a thin blanking plate and replace it so it looks normal.
Regarding performance increase, I believe that you will notice a small difference
There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Storm
Bush Crasher

Postby Storm » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Doing mine next week but ripping the whole lump off :) will let you know how it performs ;)

www.williams4x4.co.nz

Storm
Bush Crasher

Postby Storm » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:06 pm

OK, so its taken me a while to get around to sorting it but its done. Noticeable bottom end power increase and after a run from Coromandel to Hamilton it used far less fuel too, not done the actual figures but from full tank to Hamilton it was just above half when arriving before I did this, clocked coming back last night and it only used a 1/4 tank, will do the maths later but I know its way better ;) Be sure if you make your own blanks to use 5mm steel plate on the exhaust side and 3-4mm alloy on the intake manifold.

www.williams4x4.co.nz

GTS
Driver/Navigator

Postby GTS » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 pm

the valves are prone to sticking so if they are stuck a wee bit open you will notice a differance but if they are stuck in the closed position maby not any differance.I know someone with a MU that as soon as he hocked the vacume lines up to his the truck ran like poose till he blancked them off.

Return to “Isuzu”