IZUZU MU

penetrator
Hard Yaka

IZUZU MU

Postby penetrator » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:52 pm

Hey guys on behalf of my mate does anyone have any wheel studs and some nuts to fit a 1991 Izuzu MU - tyre shop cross threaded some of his when they put the tyres on and he needs a couple to get his warrant.
:twisted:

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:56 am

Just a thought... go back to the tyre shop and jump up and down. Don't take that crap from businesses... I would expect that if I broke something due to gross stupidity on someones vehicle then I would fix it...

...I also think the law would make me if I didn't...

Failing that, try Repco, they can supply wheel studs and nuts.

Steve

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:07 am

Yeah that was my initial response to him but unfortunately he got the wheels put on chch and we both live in queenstown now - long way to go to demand they fix a wheel stud :lol:

Looks like he will just have to order the parts from repco then.

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:13 pm

How about ringing and getting them to courier you some as a replacement (you might consider covering the cost of courier as a show of good faith even), call it good customer relations and then you can tell "all your friends who they are and the "wonderfull" service you got" or you could just "tell us to avoid them instead" their choice.

Quote consumer guarantees act, not sure if it applies here but you never know and sometimes it works.

Then again how much are we talking if substancial then try to get them to pay if not then chalk it up to bad service and flame the shit out of them.

Heath

Good luck.

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:58 am

Be very wary of "flaming the shit out of them" in a public forum.

This comes up every noe and then, but if you put yourself in a position that can't be legally justified then you just might find yourself "settling out of court for an undisclosed sum"

A well known 4WD personality in the chch area (known for several things, not all good :P) had a rant about a company he wasn't happy about on another NZ 4WD forum a few years back... Can't remember all the details, but it seems there might have been a bit more to it than he let on, and the company he ranted about was shown the post... it went to court and I believe it may have cost him dearly. Not to mention the public apology he had to make.

Having said that, is anyone here a lawyer cos there are a few dodgy-sod companies I would dearly love to inform others about... Whats the safe and legal way to do it?

Oh, and I'll check - I think I might have some MU hubs lying in the shed... then again, I think I might have sold them... can't remember, I'll check next time I'm there...

Steve

penetrator
Hard Yaka

Postby penetrator » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:28 am

Hey no worries here my trap is shut i certainly havent got the bank account to pay for that crap!! Needless to say it was a fu#%ing mongrel job we had to get 2 nuts broken off and replaced those studs but then later found this other one had been done too.

If you have any steve my mate would be much appreciative if he could buy one off ya hes kind of keen to get a warrant again!!

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:31 pm

If I can find them then you can have them... although I was just thinking I might have given them to thomas (Tomsoffroad) for his mate... can't remember, will check for you.

Steve

Return to “Isuzu”