MU FOR OFFRD?

muddyman
Winch master

MU FOR OFFRD?

Postby muddyman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:28 pm

Hey there fellow 4bies!, Is it really worth spending thousands of $$$ doing up a Mu for off road? & how much can you do to them without the need of certs to make them a better off roader?..
Ta muchly :lol:

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:35 pm

I'd recommend a bit of a browse around the http://www.clubisuzu.com forum which is mainly Kiwi and Oz MU owners...

Without cert - 50mm raised rear springs, tweak the fronts to match, nistall longer travelling shocks and you're about done. You're stuck with about 33" max. tyres and yuo'll have a pretty well-performing truck.

Questionable cert:
ball-joint flip. removing the top ball-joints and putting them under the arms will give you more travel, and will make the truck easier to wheel align with a lift. Along with this comes the likelyhood you will blow CVs with bigger tyres or just nailing it a lot when flexed up in 4WD.

body lift. Not really neccessary, but it does help clear bigger tyres and keep the sills out of harms way.

longer shackles in rear. Lifts the rear a bit more, makes the truck less stable but can allow for more travel should you install much longer shocks.

Definite cert. Calmini 3" lift, or why spend that when for the same amount you can SAS :)

There are more things - like removing or making quick disconnect swaybars and shaving bumpstops... I'm sure a few more people can list things I've forgotten

Return to “Isuzu”