MU dashboard lights

piebuss
Driver/Navigator

MU dashboard lights

Postby piebuss » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:24 am

Hi all
The missus has just bought a 92 MU, it's a little beast. 2.8 turbo, 170ks, 31s which look massive on it, nice nudge bar with some big spotties.
Bloody awesome little truck. :D

Anyways, we had a couple of little problems which the guys at Diesel services seem to have sorted out quite nicely, incl a sticky accelerator cable, noisy brakes (clunky not squeaky) and quite smoky. It's still a little smoky but it's liveable.

The latest problem to pop up is that, occasionally when you slow down to near idle speed, all the warning lights flash on for a bit.
basically it's all the lights that come on when you turn you're key to 'on' before you start the car.
There's no consistency to it except that it doesn't seem to happen at revs.
It doesn’t happen often either, as in you can't 'make' it fault, it just happens intermittently.

Does anybody have any ideas? I was thinking it might be a loose connection, but haven't had time yet to get in there and check it out.

mud_slinger
Hard Yaka

Re: MU dashboard lights

Postby mud_slinger » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:16 pm

great job buying a mu. when the alternator stops charging the dash lights come on. check the charge relay or replace it.also could be a sign the alternator is on its way out.
needs more curry

meece4x4
Hard Yaka

Re: MU dashboard lights

Postby meece4x4 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:49 pm

or it could just be a "isuzu" thing :mrgreen: my Bighorn does something slightly similar. when I start mine without using any throttle occasionally (maybe one time in 20) the dash lights all stay on even after the truck has started, i have to give it a quick rev over 1500 rpm and then you here a "click" from under the dash and the lights with flash a few times like yours and then go out.
llıɥ ʇsɐl ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞɐɯ ʇupıp ı sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Return to “Isuzu”