izuzu bighorn 4jb1t oil pressure light and oil leaks

mad mike
Driver/Navigator

izuzu bighorn 4jb1t oil pressure light and oil leaks

Postby mad mike » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:50 pm

got an 89 bighorn with 4jb1t keeps breathing oil out of rocker cover into intake and oil pressure light comes on at idle i have changed the pressure sensor and removed the rocker cover and made sure all was clean and clear of crap even put new spring and diagraphram in seperator on rocker cover but still no better the strainer on the oil pump is clean as was the sump so im out of ideas for the present anything else to do or try?

mud_slinger
Hard Yaka

Re: izuzu bighorn 4jb1t oil pressure light and oil leaks

Postby mud_slinger » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:36 am

how is your oil consumption? sounds to me like you have quite bad blow by.

one way you can check is get the engine up to temp and remove dip stick. if there are alot of fumes coming out ie blue smoke then your rings are gone.

how many kms have you done?

there is a special breather kit you can purchase to help reduce the amount of oil being put into breather.

where are you located?
needs more curry

mad mike
Driver/Navigator

Postby mad mike » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm

the oil consumptin isent too bad less a litre a month or so so around every 2000kms i tried the dipstick it wasent very fumy but did spray a little oil out

mad mike
Driver/Navigator

Postby mad mike » Sun May 16, 2010 8:38 pm

tried something different today when i block the breather pipe the oil pressure light goes out in a second or 2 also pressure gauge does not work in dash gauge works if i put power into it from fuel gauge any ideas thanks

dazza85
Hard Yaka

Postby dazza85 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:30 am

mud_slinger wrote:how is your oil consumption? sounds to me like you have quite bad blow by.

one way you can check is get the engine up to temp and remove dip stick. if there are alot of fumes coming out ie blue smoke then your rings are gone.

how many kms have you done?

there is a special breather kit you can purchase to help reduce the amount of oil being put into breather.

where are you located?

I have the same truck ... same problem
over 200ks everything worn out including the oil pump
The answer ... Overhaul or replacement time ...
Re the gauge they are not much good at the best of times, I am going to fit an aftermarket one
There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Return to “Isuzu”