Modifying Non-Isuzu ARB Bullbar To Fit MU

dasnoboarder
Winch master

Modifying Non-Isuzu ARB Bullbar To Fit MU

Postby dasnoboarder » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Hey,
I'm a new member, with only one other post. Based up in North Auckland.

I've been looking for a Holden TF Rodeo ARB steel winch bar with no luck for a while now.

It's to go on a MU with 2" body lift. (Would fit on a standard MU no worries).

As the mounts would have to be modified for the lift, I am wondering if it would be possible to use an ARB bar for a more common vehicle, like a Pajero?

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Cheers,
Andy

meece4x4
Hard Yaka

Re: Modifying Non-Isuzu ARB Bullbar To Fit MU

Postby meece4x4 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:49 am

dasnoboarder wrote:Hey,
I'm a new member, with only one other post. Based up in North Auckland.

I've been looking for a Holden TF Rodeo ARB steel winch bar with no luck for a while now.

It's to go on a MU with 2" body lift. (Would fit on a standard MU no worries).

As the mounts would have to be modified for the lift, I am wondering if it would be possible to use an ARB bar for a more common vehicle, like a Pajero?

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Cheers,
Andy

Without trying to sound like a smartass :mrgreen: ... but how good are you with a grinder and Mig?? most things can be modified to fit (i used to have a daihatsu Feroza and used a lot of modified Suzuki components on it due the their similar size), see if you can find one on a local paj and measure the width of the bar, measure the bar-to-chassis mounts and make sure they are close to the Mu width, it wouldn't be too hard to frab up some new mounts for the bar as long as it's not too narrow or wide.

cheers meece.
llıɥ ʇsɐl ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞɐɯ ʇupıp ı sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:14 pm

I got a free 2004 nissan navara bar that I modified a little and made up new mounts from scratch with angle iron and plate. Picked up all the bolt holes I could find.

It was fitted to an 87 hilux and looked good, now has a winch fitted I believe, although I am not sure if they changed the mounts to allow for the extra stress of winching.

Get a cheap one, plasma cut what wont fit off, weld up some brakets and you are away (okay it's not quite that easy but you get my drift.)

Storm
Bush Crasher

Postby Storm » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:06 am

Rural53
Hard Yaka

Postby Rural53 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 am

I would suggest you find a Mu or Wizard with an ARB bar and have a look at how it mounts. The mounting points are a lot lower than most other 4wds and would probably be a PITA to fab up. I never raised my bar after the body lift due to the amount of bracing that is in there.

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:56 am

Not bad but I would get the spot lights mounted somewhere else (get rid of those hoops they mount in to give great access to the front wheels for climbing) and the indicators are just waiting for trouble there (hard to make the perfect bar though).

Maybe this sort of thing could be adapted to your specs and you could be come a "test bed" for developement. The dude making them is on here somewhere, give him a PM (do a search for williams 4x4 bars - I think - to get his user name)

Or he may contact/ PM you himself. Storm is his handle I think.

Storm
Bush Crasher

Postby Storm » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Hey, cheers for that :) the bar was built as a medium off road design, I hear you re the lights on the corners, we do a second type that has the "A" bar & lights fit underside to this so doing away with the corners. Indicators are actually set back under the main bar but yes could do with a guard which we add at no extra cost ;) To add the "A" bar is very little cost too, PM me if your keen, Craig.

dasnoboarder
Winch master

Postby dasnoboarder » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:59 am

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll try to find some ARB's on trucks nearby, and ask to have a nosey.

I'm good with a grinder :twisted: but I'd have to get the welding done by a friend, or a workshop if its a hard job.

It may be an idea to get a custom bar made up instead, but that'll depend on how much more expensive it'll be.

Would cutting the mounts off an ARB bar and refabricating weaken it too much?

Return to “Isuzu”