rear spring lift 4 mu

fatcat
Driver/Navigator

rear spring lift 4 mu

Postby fatcat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:36 pm

hi can someone please help. would like to raise my mu about 2inchs then do 2 inch body lift. can anyone tell me how to go about it as new to this sort of thing.i read in one of of the other forums if i use longer shackles a 2inch lift will mean 4inch longer shackles so over all 8inch shackles is this right and does it workand is it safe :?:

Drurban
Hard Yaka

Re: rear spring lift 4 mu

Postby Drurban » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi Fatcat,

I have done a body lift 75mm and rear leaf spring lift, I still need to sort out the rear leaf sprins as I managed to break one and bend the other of my after market springs, dont ask as it is a long story.
I have OME shocks all round.

Not too sure on the on what length the shackles should be, I have resorted to my old shackels at the moment until I get my rear leaves sorted out.

Replacing the shocks is easy so is the rear leaf springs the leaf springs do take time so long as you have help will make it much easier.

With my body lift was not as hard as I thought the only Issue I had was extending the steering shaft that's because of the 75mm lift, with a 50mm lift you wont have any problem, I also had to modifiy the radiator backets which is not hard.

Anyway If you want to know more just let me know and I have photos of my lift aswell.

Ruben
1997 Isuzu Mu, 3.1TD, 5sp Manual.

chipman
Driver/Navigator

Re: rear spring lift 4 mu

Postby chipman » Sun May 16, 2010 12:08 pm

I have a 1990 bighorn which I believe is similar to the MU. I fitted 2" extended shackles which gave about 1" of lift and then turned the front torsion bars 4 turns to make it all level again.

Later I fitted new EFS leaf springs at the rear new EFS shocks and then fitted new OME torsion bars and EFS shocks at the front with another tweak of the front bars to gain about 2 - 2 1/2" lift over all from stock.

I then fitted 33" Muddies and a 2" body lift so all in all my roof line is about 7-8" above stock, I went for a big offset 15x8 wheel so everything still feels stable even going around corners

The body lift took all day at a friends workshop I needed new 150MM bolts and 12 or 14 body mounts for my LWB bighorn, my radiator needed to be moved, the radiator cowling needed trimming at the bottom and my auto gear selector needed a small extension welded in. Best advise only remove the bolts from one side of the truck at a time.

Size does matter every inch helps I don't get hung up nearly as much as I used to.

Cheers

Return to “Isuzu”