Rodeo conversion

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Rodeo conversion

Postby Rotazuk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi
I have a left feild idea . I want a 3.0 diesel double cab ute that has to be automatic . I don't have $25g for a second hand one . While searching I found someone had put a hilux on a surf chassis that had a 3.0 and its auto . This got me thinking .

I like the look of the early 90's rodeo's , they are not too big etc but not auto . I was tinking of getting a banged up Mu and swaping in its 3.1 and auto .

Does anyone know how different the chassis's are at the front , ie could i cut the mounts off the mu chassis and weld them in place in the rodeo ? If its possible the front seats etc could be robbed also .

How comfy are the older rodeo's , want it to tow a 1200kg trailer a couple of hours .

Any other web sites that may be able to help ?

Cheers
Chris
Last edited by Rotazuk on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dazza85
Hard Yaka

Re: Rodeo conversion

Postby dazza85 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:43 pm

A friend of mine has a Rodeo that has the Isuzu motor in it as standard so I would think that you should be able do what you want with out too much trouble
There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

meatc
Hard Yaka

Re: Rodeo conversion

Postby meatc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Holden rodeo is a badge engineered Isuzu Rodeo (right up the the Colorado), and a bit like most maufacuters in the early 90s the 4x4 wagons were based on the utes. That is to say the early Isuzu bighorn / holden Montery were based on the Ute (which Isuzu did the diesel for). The MU is part sharing with the later bighorns so would suggest they share with the rodeo too.
Toy - Zuk chassis tub, hilux 4.88 axles and transfer, Nissan CA18DE motor and auto trans, sc12 supercharger, 32 10'5 simex, twin motor 8274 custom freespool. Well the parts are all there in various corners of the shed

Return to “Isuzu”