hubs

abbo
Hard Yaka

hubs

Postby abbo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Ok i have a 92 big horn with auto hubs. When i put into 4wd it seems to work fine but then you get a bang coming from the front and i sometime lose 4wd. Could it be hubs or transfer case???? Has anyone had this happen to there one with auto hubs. I havent taken them off yet , Do they have lots of grease in them or like the nissan not much at all. Also can you go to a 31" wheel on them without a lift. This one is the road 4wd so just want to do shiny plus tow wagon for the 70.... :mrgreen:
Thanks for any help Blair.....abbo :mrgreen:
Don't have 4wd.

BlairH
Driver/Navigator

Re: hubs

Postby BlairH » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:37 pm

I would suspect there is something wrong with your hubs - I doubt it would be the transfer case as they can take a hell of a beating! The hubs hubs are not completely packed with grease but they are by no means dry - it will probably be a bit of a messy job!

I had auto hubs on my mu when I got it, I replaced them with manual hubs because they wouldnt always engage or disengage.

As for the 31's - you shouldnt have any problems with these without doing a lift - I have run them on my UBS55 Pig and on my Mu at standard height and have never had issues with them rubbing.

abbo
Hard Yaka

Postby abbo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 pm

That sounds good. Was hoping it not transfer case that seems to be working well. Do the mu's or rodeo hub's fit the big horns...There are a few rodeo around....... :mrgreen:
Don't have 4wd.

gomulletgo
Hard Yaka

Postby gomulletgo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:50 pm

BlairH Can you tell more about the 31s on the UBS55? What rims were you running? Offset? Thanks :D

BlairH
Driver/Navigator

Postby BlairH » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:01 am

You shouldn't have a problem using Mu hubs or rodeo ones - I used manual hubs off a Bighorn to convert my Mu to manual hubs, and sold a spare set to a mate who had a UBS69 with auto hubs who wanted to go manual and they went on without a problem.

As for the 31s on my pig, I have had them on a few different wheels - at one point I had them on a set of wheels that had no offset and they sat flush with the guards (meaning no issue for WOF) I now have them on a set of 8 inch alloys with a negative offset and I had to fit a set of those rubber flexi-flares to keep it legal for a wof. Have you had trouble fitting 31s on your truck? My other pig has a standard Nissan Safari wheel on the back as a spare with a 31 on it, (the tyres on the truck are 265/70/15s which are only slightly smaller than the 31) and I have not had any trouble with that on the rare occassion it has been needed...

Return to “Isuzu”