Help me with ISUZU D-MAX

R_ace-link
Driver/Navigator

Help me with ISUZU D-MAX

Postby R_ace-link » Thu May 19, 2011 11:39 am

Hi there forum members,

I'm new here and I got a big problem, well not me but my friend and I'm trying to help him out.

you see, he's bought a D-Max from England but it has the badge of a Chevrolet LUV. it's a 3.0ltr td. right hand drive. 2004 build.
trouble started when we went off-road, it just started to sputter, like it wasn't getting fuel, idling irregular. we've checked everything, fuel filter, air filter. and then it didn't wanted to go past 2000rpm. when given throttle it did rev to red line in neutral.

so had to drive home in fifth til 2000rpm. when he started the car the next day it started normal and everything was back to normal.

now the problem came back. the car just died while driving. had to tow it home. he took the Injector Pump out, but we couldn't find a replacement part so he put it back in. now the car won't even rev when giving gas in neutral, just idles. but starts normal.
He also blanked off the EGR now a lot of grey smoke and irregular combustion like running on 3 cylinders (EGR doesn't have a sensor though) burns the eyes :? .

want to know if the Inj. Pump just gave it's last live or if the TPS has a fault or is the cause something else? :( :( :(

every help will be very appreciated .
thanks in advance.

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Re: Help me with ISUZU D-MAX

Postby DieselBoy » Thu May 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Sounds very electronic to me :( :(

I think its going into limp mode :!:

Its a Common rail EFI diesel eh??

If you disconnect the battery for exactly 10 mins, it might fix it temporarily again, but most likely it will need hooking up to the diagnostic tool to pull the fault codes. It will at least tell you where to look anyway.
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

mud_slinger
Hard Yaka

Postby mud_slinger » Thu May 19, 2011 5:59 pm

so its the 3.0 isuzu efi motor?

they are common for crapping out. common for cracking heads etc. any water in oil or vice versa? is it leaking fuel?
needs more curry

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Try the guys at www.clubisuzu.com its a NZ and Austrailain site that speacilizes in Isuzu's and has a heap of helpful info

R_ace-link
Driver/Navigator

Postby R_ace-link » Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 pm

DieselBoy wrote:Sounds very electronic to me :( :(

I think its going into limp mode :!:

Its a Common rail EFI diesel eh??

If you disconnect the battery for exactly 10 mins, it might fix it temporarily again, but most likely it will need hooking up to the diagnostic tool to pull the fault codes. It will at least tell you where to look anyway.

Suza wrote:Try the guys at http://www.clubisuzu.com its a NZ and Austrailain site that speacilizes in Isuzu's and has a heap of helpful info

mud_slinger wrote:so its the 3.0 isuzu efi motor?

they are common for crapping out. common for cracking heads etc. any water in oil or vice versa? is it leaking fuel?

yes, its 3.0efi not the crd.
not only did we take the battery off, we took the whole engine out off the truck. Didn't do a D^%$mn thing. Got it hooked to a diagnostic tool, but only got a fault at the EGR.
didn't think that ISUZU would build such a horrible engine.
didn't find any oil in water or the other way around.

thanks guys,

I'll try Clubisuzu.

much respect. 8)

rokhound
Hard Yaka

Postby rokhound » Fri May 20, 2011 8:14 am

Might also be worth checking the fuel rail pressure. There may be a hairline split in it soemwhere, or something not quite sealing as it should.
Ugly is a state of mind..... and the state of my truck!

R_ace-link
Driver/Navigator

Postby R_ace-link » Fri May 20, 2011 11:35 am

as to this one it's not a Common Rail Diesel, I'll let my friend just check the fuel line for leakage.

Return to “Isuzu”