Has anyone used a power chip VP44 rodeo 4jh1?

nakimud
Hard Yaka

Has anyone used a power chip VP44 rodeo 4jh1?

Postby nakimud » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Wondering if anyone has had any success in getting more power out of rodeo's with the 4jh1tc motor, mines an '02, chips for the VP44 are like rocking horse shit and $$$$$, is it worth it? just seems lacking for what it is

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: Has anyone used a power chip VP44 rodeo 4jh1?

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 pm

For the price the ask to chip the H1 you might as well reco a 4JB1 pump and put it on. then all it takes is a screw driver and a little know how to up the horse power.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

nakimud
Hard Yaka

Postby nakimud » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:45 pm

I probably would, but doesn't look like it would be easy to swap them over, different injectors, timing gear/belt setup and pump bolt pattern to begin with!

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Actually come to think of it....just find a 4jb1 and stick it in. damn good donk that.

anyway back to the point

I have a little black box for mine with a switch with a couple of different settings, economy, power, cruise.

Bought it off Ebay in the UK cost me 160 dollars and 20 bucks P&P.

IT hooks into the AFM injector pump etc and basically modify s the reading that is given to the ECU at any given moment.

I can officially say in economy my truck this week has done exactly 450 kms on 34.5 litres of diesel. that being a 98 TD27 eti nissan engine though.

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:56 pm

I hear plating (but not removing) egr gear up (shim between manifold and piping) and freeing up exhaust a little, plus a wee bit more boost livens them up. may throw the engine check light up but big whoop. if it's still got the cat in the downpipe then smash that out for sure, maybe build a bit freer flowing system. they'll never be a rocket ship, though, but they're good solid haulers.
also check the intercooler for leaks. common fault I'm told.

nakimud
Hard Yaka

Postby nakimud » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:Actually come to think of it....just find a 4jb1 and stick it in. damn good donk that.

anyway back to the point

I have a little black box for mine with a switch with a couple of different settings, economy, power, cruise.

Bought it off Ebay in the UK cost me 160 dollars and 20 bucks P&P.

IT hooks into the AFM injector pump etc and basically modify s the reading that is given to the ECU at any given moment.

I can officially say in economy my truck this week has done exactly 450 kms on 34.5 litres of diesel. that being a 98 TD27 eti nissan engine though.

Wow that's impressive, my workhack d21 absolutely drinks it! lucky to get 300kms out of a tank. Does the Td27Eti use a VP pump as well? I know the zd30 D22 navara's did

nakimud
Hard Yaka

Postby nakimud » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Cameron wrote:I hear plating (but not removing) egr gear up (shim between manifold and piping) and freeing up exhaust a little, plus a wee bit more boost livens them up. may throw the engine check light up but big whoop. if it's still got the cat in the downpipe then smash that out for sure, maybe build a bit freer flowing system. they'll never be a rocket ship, though, but they're good solid haulers.

Il post a pic, but I don't think mine has all the egr crap and cats, its a TF not an RA, if that makes a difference? Thanks for the heads up on intercoolers, that might be worth checking, it almost seems like the turbo does sweet f.a to add any power

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 pm

nakimud wrote:
Cameron wrote:I hear plating (but not removing) egr gear up (shim between manifold and piping) and freeing up exhaust a little, plus a wee bit more boost livens them up. may throw the engine check light up but big whoop. if it's still got the cat in the downpipe then smash that out for sure, maybe build a bit freer flowing system. they'll never be a rocket ship, though, but they're good solid haulers.

Il post a pic, but I don't think mine has all the egr crap and cats, its a TF not an RA, if that makes a difference? Thanks for the heads up on intercoolers, that might be worth checking, it almost seems like the turbo does sweet f.a to add any power

yeah the engines made by isuzu for the aussie market didn't come same emissions systems as the jdm ones.

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:07 am

my RA had egr and other associated gubbins. Pretty sure the earlier shape did too?
My RA was a bit of a slug too, sadly. :lol:

nakimud
Hard Yaka

Postby nakimud » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Well Im reporting back after going with a tuning box for the VP44 pump. What a difference! has really really woken the ute up, great torque right through the rev range, spools up at 1500rpm instead of 2000 and is generally so much fricken better to drive. Il post back with fuel economy figures, cause I can see that going west

Return to “Isuzu”