budget oil catch can

mad mike
Driver/Navigator

budget oil catch can

Postby mad mike » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:18 pm

made this today on a tight budget used all scrap off an old bighorn main body is a piece of exhaust drain line is made from a cut down body mount a wheelnut and a pushrod for the tube top is a piece of bash plate and some of the steel tubing from the oil cooler for the outlet inlet im going to use a bunch of nuts in the can to increase the surface area as im a bit dubious of the longevity of steel wool i got the garage to bronze the other half of the pushrod to the dipstick and it will hang from the bottom of the egr valve when installed i used about 6 welding rods to make it and about 2 hours ish to assemble

I used a cylinder head bolt with a nail welded to the bottom in the drill press with some sand and water to polish the inside before welding the wheelnut and pushrod on the bottom

hope this makes sense
Attachments
DSC00389resize1.jpg
DSC00383resize2.jpg

niblik
Sausage Shack

Re: budget oil catch can

Postby niblik » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Nope. It doesn't.

But well done bud. That's part of the wheelin game. To make do with what ya got and make it work for ya.
ImageImage

buried
Bush Crasher

Postby buried » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Makes sense, tho cheap is a poweraid bottle with a hole in the side, some steel wool inside and cheese cloth for a breather.

I'm not keen on the oil re-entering the engine, seen to much sand/dust/crap in the engine bay.

tweake
Hard Yaka

Postby tweake » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:20 pm

its always fun making your own stuff :)

filling it with stainless pot scrubbers (not steel wool) will make it work a whole lot better.

Return to “Isuzu”