do i stay suzi or go mu

taranaki surf
Driver/Navigator

do i stay suzi or go mu

Postby taranaki surf » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:24 pm

gidday guysi currently have a 5door 1600 16v manual escudo that apart from the manual hubs ive fitted is factory i mainly use it as a shopping trolley farm hack done 362000ks and im not gentle on it. ive recently been offered a isuzu mu completely standard 2.8td manual 200000ks for well below even mates rates which im going to buy anyway even if to profit my question is since i was planning suspenion mods and fresh up of the suzi (hilux diffs sas etc) do i sell the suzi and mod mu or vice versa i have pair of 4.88 ln65 diffs already havnt started on suzi yet because i was looking for higher ratio ring and pinions

Navara_Man
Driver/Navigator

Re: do i stay suzi or go mu

Postby Navara_Man » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 am

Go for the mu
If it doesnt work hit it, if it still doesnt work shoot it

85bj71
Bush Crasher

Postby 85bj71 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:11 am

go the mu, those 4bj1 isuzu motors love high boost :evil:

taranaki surf
Driver/Navigator

Postby taranaki surf » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:07 pm

so i got the mu now and i must say i like it needs some work not much plenty of torque compared to the suzi and leg room to boot which suprised me next step sell suzi for extra funds lift and 33s has anyone had experience with the calmini kit for isuzu? or is there more effective ways out there and im looking for a auto lokka but cant seem to find one

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Postby ChurchurDan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:20 pm

The bloke I work with has one
2 inch suspension lift, reset leaves in rear and wound up torsion bars with ball joint flip and diff drop. 2 inch body lift.
33x12.5 bighorns on 15x8 steel rims only just clear rear of front guards when turning and front bumper had to be trimmed. Factory rear lsd and front lsd.
The diff drop was done as with the ball joint flip at full droop it would pull the cv's back out of the hub. The diff drop is 25mm from memory and only just clears the steering.

It goes really well off road and has embarrassed a few hilux and safari owners.

Return to “Isuzu”