advice wanted on isuzu wizard?

Navara_Man
Driver/Navigator

advice wanted on isuzu wizard?

Postby Navara_Man » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 am

Hi this is my 4th isuzu (2 mu's and a 4xj1 wizard before this). Im wanting to do some standad mods to it, more for hunting than anything soi can get into a few more about places.

# wanting to know if an isuzu bighorn bonnet with the scoop will fit a wizard.

# iv got 16" wanting to go to 15", got some rims lined up atm. Is it worth taking it down to 15's.

# im guna do a body lift. Done it before on both my mu's. But had a shop do it. Is it easier to do yourself?

Is there anyone in tauranga or close by that could give me a hand or advice cheers
Dan
If it doesnt work hit it, if it still doesnt work shoot it

NB42
Driver/Navigator

Re: advice wanted on isuzu wizard?

Postby NB42 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:08 am

In regard to 15's, it is worth it imo. I have 15's for my mud tyres as the price of a tyre for them are cheaper being a more common tyre size.

Navara_Man
Driver/Navigator

Postby Navara_Man » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:14 am

cool thanks for that. that was my thought. all my last Isuzu's had 16" and I just bought tyres not thinking, now Iv got the chance to go down to 15's I thinking its definitely worth it.
Has anyone used the goodride MT's? I know they are cheap and probably nasty but are they good on and off road, not bothered about road noise. I have linglong at's atm and I have to admit iv done nearly 40,000kms on these and they are nearly shot (3mm on front, 5mm on rear), these I couldn't fault as they were excellent in the clay, mud, sand and road.

trucked
Hard Yaka

Postby trucked » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:51 am

Navara_Man wrote:Hi this is my 4th isuzu (2 mu's and a 4xj1 wizard before this). Im wanting to do some standad mods to it, more for hunting than anything soi can get into a few more about places.

# im guna do a body lift. Done it before on both my mu's. But had a shop do it. Is it easier to do yourself?

Hi Dan,

To be honest i wouldn't bother with a body lift, for the cost of it plus the need for certification it doesn't give jack all in the way off offroad ability, unless you have big tyres and need the clearance or need to get the body up from being damaged.

After the mods ive done on my truck the best one ive done so far is diff lockers, these will get you a lot further than any other mods ive come across.

If you use it more on the road a selectable locker would be best, like an arb air locker or there are some cheaper chinese ones around to.

Navara_Man
Driver/Navigator

Postby Navara_Man » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:03 pm

its more for clearance, the wizard's body sits really low compared to the previous mu's and the hilux's my mates use. The wizard is very capable off road no doubt and has been a lot of places already, but when we are hunting in some situations I cant follow a friend through rougher tracks as I bottom out bloody easy!

The model iv got is more made for a towny car, but I love the Isuzu's and this truck has already shown up a lot of my mates modified hilux's, so I feel its worth spending a bit of money and time on!

As for the air locker, I had one in the first mu I had and your right it made a huge difference, but im not having the same issues with this truck, its got the power to pull itself out of holes/ruts and has awesome traction.

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Postby ChurchurDan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:30 pm

I know of 2 guys using the goodrides now and they work well for what they cost.
The bighorn bonnet wont fit you wizard.
What year is your wizard? if it has airbags you cant do a body lift or fit a non approved bull bar, unless you remove the bags and cert the removal but it needs to be over 14 years old to remove them.

Navara_Man
Driver/Navigator

Postby Navara_Man » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:42 am

98 model last of the square shape with the 4jb2 engine, no airbags. iv got some 15x7 rims and already ordered a set of goodride mt's for it.

Return to “Isuzu”