holden V6 Auto to Toyota transfer conversion

Moderators: Steve_t647, Tech Authors

mike
Last minute Mike

holden V6 Auto to Toyota transfer conversion

Postby mike » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:15 pm

From chopper:

chopper01 wrote:

well the time has come to fit the adapter to the auto and I thought I would give it a crack

here is the adaptor

here is the doner motor

this is the motor out of the hole miuns the auto

here is the auto on the work bench note how long the main shaft is "the shaft out the back of the auto " this is what we need to replace to fit the new adapter

This is where we gain axcess to the auto to pull the guts out of it

Taken out the 7 boults holding in the plate. now you cant just pull the plate out now as it's about 30mm thick and you need to take the pan off

Right now you need to pull the coil pack at the front of the auto and un plug the wiring , you then need to remove the oil line at the top of the auto

With a bit of jiggling we managed to pull the front of the auto apart

Now you need to remove all the 10mm boults on the valve cap and the 13mm boult on the auto selecter not dont panic cause there will be three ball berrings fall out make sure they go backon top of the gasket when you put it together, you also need to remove the two valves on the back of the auto this will allow you to remove the main gasket"be carefull not to damage it"

Here is it without the main gasket now there is four ballberrings in here as well 3 small ones and 1 big one. make sure they go back in the same place

You now need to pull the clutch band off and grab the shaft and wriggle it and the two sets of clutch plates will pull out now these are all cliped together so they wont fall apart

Here is what it the auto looks like with the part out of it

This is what the inside of the clutch pack looks like now not the red washer in the center this will need to be replaced but we will talk about that later

now grab this unit and it will pull out in two bits

here is what we have down the guts of the auto now

now pull out the main berring and clutch plate with retaining clip

Now you remove the circlip on the main shaft and remove it from the back

This is the pump unit

now you slide in the new main shaft and re clip in the retainer circlip

Now start putting it back together in the reverce oder. here is the bucket and gear set going back in

Then we need to replace the red rubber washer with the hard plastic one now you need to remove two huge circlips and remove one clutch pack then carefully remove the top plate off the second clutch pack
Image[*]

You then put the main top plate on and put in the other clutch plates you must make sure the spring clips go back in as well

Then you fit back in the main drum and all other bits in the oder you pulled them out in . be carefull to take care and not force it in and you will end up with a finshed auto like this

If there are any other questions on any problems just get ahold of me and I'll help out where I can
1973 SWB Land Rover V8 Hybrid
1994 Toyota Surf

Return to “Tech Section/Library”