worsleys in heavy snow

flexy
Hard Yaka

worsleys in heavy snow

Postby flexy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:31 pm

my supercharged v8 sj413 towing a mate up worsleys https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200824298383592

Furgus
Hard Yaka

Re: worsleys in heavy snow

Postby Furgus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Awesome treading lightly :roll: :roll: :roll:
If at first you don't succeed .... Get a bigger hammer!!

callum007
Hard Yaka

Postby callum007 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Like Furgus said, Great Abuse of the track you morons. O well Im sure you'll be the first to moan when the track is locked
Dont follow me. i'll get stuck and need a tow..

gismo
Driver/Navigator

Postby gismo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:00 pm

muppets

Fakey
Hard Yaka

Postby Fakey » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Meh.. bet none of you would be saying that if it was your broken ass truck getting towed out of the snow and mud :roll: What other options are there? Leave the broken trucks till the snow thaws and the track dries out an hope no one strips it? Beg one of the near by land owners for a tow with a tractor, if they even have one capable of towing it out?
Its easy to sit at a keyboard an have a go at someone helping his mates out, its not as if the tracks in perfect condition to start with :wink:
Didn't barbie drive a jeep??

tallsam66
Hard Yaka

Postby tallsam66 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:49 pm

What ever the reason not a smart move.
The locals up there are totally sick of all the damage to the track & surrounding fences etc.
This track will soon be locked off thanks to the lack of thought & respect by some.

rokhound
Hard Yaka

Postby rokhound » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Leave them there is exactly what I would do. WTF was anyone doing up there in the first place.
I am not going to have a go at Ash as it seems all he was doing is helping out a not so intelligent mate or 2. Mind you, not so bright posting up on a public forum.
Off highway vehicle use is just like everything else is this PC bullshit world. Tread Lightly is not just a catch phrase anymore, start practicing it when you are on public land and in the public eye.
If you really want to challenge your skills/prove you have massive balls, Start pushing the envelope on tracks you think are easy. If you can't think of a better way to do this, bang some small tyres on and go try it. You'd be amazed at how difficult a perceived easy trip can be made so you can really test your skill.
Ugly is a state of mind..... and the state of my truck!

flexy
Hard Yaka

Postby flexy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Wast up thea to damage or anoy anything or anybody was simply helping a few people that had some bad luck. Im all for treading lightly but also not into seeing guys trucks getting stripped or burnt out ether,in all honesty I think the amount of water flowing down thoes ruts in the 7hrs I was up there helping would have done more damage to the track than the 10mins of driving I did.i came in from the top to minimize the amout of track I drove on.just thought a few of you might have liked to ser a video of a fully pinned v8.....sorry if iv offended or pissed anybody of...wasnt the intention cheers ash

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Im with you in terms of the abandoning thing, i wouldn't leave my truck anywhere the puplic could get to it.

You didnt go off the track and rip up the ground, you stuck to the track atleast.

KROOZA
Hard Yaka

Postby KROOZA » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 am

Have to say when i first looked at the video and then looked at the comments flaming the guy, i thought exactly what Fakey wrote above, easy to criticise when it aint your truck stuck there, yeah the truck that was stuck in the first place shouldnt have been there maybe in those conditions.
At the same time im a farmer who gets fences wrecked by muppets as well and all it ever takes to ease the tensions a bit is notifying the landowner of your plans or that you have caused damage to their property instead of sneaking off to leave stock to get out or someone else to 'eventually' find the damage and fix it :evil:

Ralfie
Hard Yaka

Postby Ralfie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:37 am

flexy wrote:Wast up thea to damage or anoy anything or anybody was simply helping a few people that had some bad luck. Im all for treading lightly but also not into seeing guys trucks getting stripped or burnt out ether,in all honesty I think the amount of water flowing down thoes ruts in the 7hrs I was up there helping would have done more damage to the track than the 10mins of driving I did.i came in from the top to minimize the amout of track I drove on.just thought a few of you might have liked to ser a video of a fully pinned v8.....sorry if iv offended or pissed anybody of...wasnt the intention cheers ash

There is always the winch which would have taken longer but less damage, but of course that also means less drama for the drama queens.

Biggest mistake is putting such images and videos on to social media sites so all and sundry can view and then criticise. Others are watching our moves and look for every opportunity to curtail our activities and places to go.

Look at the guys up Woodhill/Muriwai. When they posted their stuff online they didn't expect to get trespass notices but it happened.

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Has everyone jumped on the sucking muzzaducks penis wagon? The track up there is not a shiny track anymore. This is not due to vehicles using it but mostly due to water erosion.

Yes people do damage it on purpose sometimes which isn't ok but theres no point wanking on about how you shouldn't go wheeling in snowy conditions because you're damaging the track. What a load of shit. The amount of water that comes down there has carved out huge ruts up there, and its not because people are out in wet conditions having fun.

pradon35s
Hard Yaka

Postby pradon35s » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:59 pm

Hardly going off track and ripping up the ground.. its open to 4wds.. dont think iv ever been out wheeling and not flung some mud around trying to get places. Doubt anyone that goes up there does it without breaking a bit of traction.

willie
Driving Ms Daisy

Postby willie » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:14 pm

turoa wrote:Has everyone jumped on the sucking muzzaducks penis wagon? The track up there is not a shiny track anymore. This is not due to vehicles using it but mostly due to water erosion.

Yes people do damage it on purpose sometimes which isn't ok but theres no point wanking on about how you shouldn't go wheeling in snowy conditions because you're damaging the track. What a load of shit. The amount of water that comes down there has carved out huge ruts up there, and its not because people are out in wet conditions having fun.

Agree with what Turoa has said about this
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did — in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

petefj40
Ms Daisy

Postby petefj40 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:15 pm

turoa wrote:Has everyone jumped on the sucking muzzaducks penis wagon? The track up there is not a shiny track anymore. This is not due to vehicles using it but mostly due to water erosion.

I'm with you 2's!!!!
You did a good thing helping out Ash! And coming in from the top of the track too. (you GC) Most of us boys from Chch have done the Worsley track in all sorts of conditions. And the ones that do it often have the most respect for the boundary fencing and passing public. (ffs)

willie
Driving Ms Daisy

Postby willie » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:19 pm

petefj40 wrote:

I'm with you 2's!!!!
You did a good thing helping out Ash! And coming in from the top of the track too. (you GC) Most of us boys from Chch have done the Worsley track in all sorts of conditions. And the ones that do it often have the most respect for the boundary fencing and passing public. (ffs)

Yea Ash you are (GC) for helping out dude, as most good mates would.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did — in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

hosehustler
Hard Yaka

Postby hosehustler » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 pm

loved the V8 going nuts Ash :mrgreen:
Not PC to be up there in the snow, however we were all young once and I for one would rather see these young fella's up there having harmless fun, getting stuck, and heading home after their skid, than the fire alarm sounding, getting on a fire truck, chopping them outta their wrecked car with rescue tools down the motorway after crashing at breakneck speeds big time in order to get their jollies... they have to get rid of natural young testosterone, it is normal :twisted:
I think lightning up would be in order, the track up there has been wrecked for years :o if I was free i'd be happy to go up Worsley's in the snow and tow the young guys having a bit of fun out of the shit :wink:
I hate signatures

flexy
Hard Yaka

Postby flexy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Its algud everybodys entitled to there opinion ....cant keep everybody happy,it is wat it is and whats done is done

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:37 pm

hosehustler wrote:
however we were all young once and I for one would rather see these young fella's up there having harmless fun, getting stuck, and heading home after their skid, than the fire alarm sounding, getting on a fire truck, chopping them outta their wrecked car with rescue tools down the motorway after crashing at breakneck speeds big time in order to get their jollies... they have to get rid of natural young testosterone, it is normal :twisted:
I think lightning up would be in order,

x2

Had to go to a car vrs car on a one way bridge this morning hilux vrs navara, navara was crewed by 2 young guys and speed was well and truly a leading factor

MATT4U
Hard Yaka

Postby MATT4U » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:32 pm

The last time I was up there in the snow a few years back now the guy that lives by the track got me to tow his car up his access road as he didn't get it out in time, he only gets shitty when people drive through his fence. Again that track has been stuffed by water.

Good sounding v8.

Twodiffs
Hard Yaka

Postby Twodiffs » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Water will always affect Worsleys, I'd hate to think how many under runners feed their way below ground. Years ago the rumour went round that the council was going to bull doze and grade the track so the fire brigade could have access in emergencies. Water would still do it's thing and would probably reclaim the track.

I have heard though that there is a chair lift planned for the area and that it is going to be set up for very prominent mountain bike useage.

MATT4U
Hard Yaka

Postby MATT4U » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Im surprised its still open, last i heard a few years back it was going to be closed for logging trees then made a permanent road for subdivision

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:18 pm

flexy wrote:Its algud everybodys entitled to there opinion ....cant keep everybody happy,it is wat it is and whats done is done

yeap, and it sounded Phaat!

:mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:22 pm

gismo wrote:muppets

my phrase!!
and it's not suited to this situation

:lol:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

Return to “Video Clips”