Malaysia Tourism Fishing Video

geckoadventure
Hard Yaka

Malaysia Tourism Fishing Video

Postby geckoadventure » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:52 am

Here is a Malaysian Tourism fishing video ad I assisted in making last year which was just recently released and taken them about 6 months to get me a copy. They wanted real fishing people and foreigners for the add :)

Watching this may wanna make you go fishing now :)

and yes it's my kayaks and toyota jungle taxi 4x4 in the video

[facebookvideo]628775987164641[/facebookvideo]

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=628775987164641&set=vb.154258204616424&type=3&theater

http://www.geckoadventure.net/2013/5_Tourism_Malaysia_Angling_Paradise.wmv

The video is on Malaysian Airline aeroplanes etc and malaysian tourism stands around the world.

The pressure was on for us to catch a fish every session we had out fishing the producers demanded 1-2 fish a session without any idea of how hard that can be especially SNAKEHEADS and sailfish come on and off the boil usually you have a purple patch and will catch 3-4 in an hour then nothing. Was worse when they took us to a no sailfish area and demanded we catch SAILFISH.

11 days is what if took to film this ad and yes the SNAKEHEAD area is the same place I recently kayaked through.

It takes a long time to download sorry its rather large. The sunrise scene I only made it one of our guides rollled his car at 5am in the morning after leaving early to go back home. The producer did not want me to go I said friends are friends filming can wait. I dashed out 45k up the highway in my truck pulled the car out of the ditch and rolled the car back on its sneakers and put the battery back in started it and drove back to the jetty got out of my 4x4 walked in with my fishing box and straight into the filming set.

He made it worse 1 day later he smashed the car again this time outside my work office again this time writing it off and still he walked away from it.

from Calvins link thanks calvin.

Regards
Dave
Last edited by geckoadventure on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Re: Malaysia Tourism Fishing Video

Postby kbushnz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Its also here on Youtube.
Cheers Calvin
KZJ78 Landcruiser Prado...

sketch
Bush Crasher

Re: Malaysia Tourism Fishing Video

Postby sketch » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Great job, looks like it was a fun time making the short video. Which parts of Malaysia where they shot in?

Return to “Video Clips”