Help required from Jeep owners.

Bob Pearce
Stropper

Help required from Jeep owners.

Postby Bob Pearce » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:40 am

Hi Jeep owners, I'm in a spot. I'm in Whakatane and have the ball joints out of the front of my 97 ZJ. I have new ball joints but can't find anyone locally who can help me put in the new ones.!! Any ideas? :D :D :D

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Re: Help required from Jeep owners.

Postby Swamped » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:07 am

You require a workshop manual.

Hunt around on the net and you may find one or someone on here may know where to look.

Try here maybe?

http://pdftown.com/search/node/jeep+zj

http://www.nagca.com/manuals/grand-cherokke-wagoner_93.zip

Know nothing about jeeps but one of the manuals there may help.
The second link I've checked and is all good. Just unsure how the model and years vary. Its also a 70mb download :shock:

Bob Pearce
Stropper

Postby Bob Pearce » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks very much. I know I need the tool but wonder if someone close has one or has any other ideas.

I am very happy to pay for time or hire!! :D :D :D

renegadenz
Winch master

Postby renegadenz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:32 pm

im over in Tauranga and i ended up biting the bullet and getting the jeep dealer to pop in the new one for a wof, they had a special cast alloy looking press the used to get the old ones out and new ones in.

Bob Pearce
Stropper

Postby Bob Pearce » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:47 am

:D :D Thanks Winchmaster I'll give them a call, but would like someone closer if possible!!

Shoe
Driver/Navigator

Postby Shoe » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Bob,

If you have got the old ball joints out you have done the hard part of the job already. The rest is easy.
From here on :-
Hammer in the new ball joints using the right sized 3/4 socket etc and you are done.
Call me on 021320985 and I will help you thru the project . I have done it now several times with and with out the special tool.

Rgs

Bob Pearce
Stropper

Postby Bob Pearce » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 am

:D :D
Thank you all for your help and it was great to talk to Driver/Navigator. I was fortunate enough to luck upon Shane at Royden Automotive in Whakatane who was prepared to put the new joints in if I couldn't, but he gave me enough confidence to do it myself. He was right and it wasn't as difficult as I thought and my ZJ is now back on the road fully warranted!! Thanks to everyone. :D :D

Return to “Jeep”