2009 Jeep Jamboree

Paybac
Driver/Navigator

2009 Jeep Jamboree

Postby Paybac » Thu May 08, 2008 2:21 pm

Have any of you guys been to the Jeep Jamborees before?
Is it really worth the $500 plus exp? :shock:
1996 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Rolling stock, not for long.

..l___l_.oooo
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Flash2004
Hard Yaka

Re: 2009 Jeep Jamboree

Postby Flash2004 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:52 pm

I've never been to one but I know they are always sold out. I got an invitation yesterday and while it does look quite expensive, I think they put a lot on for us too so the value is not too bad. Plus you get to meet a lot of Jeepers - which might be a good thing or a bad thing - depending on your perspective.

I think I'd spend the whole weekend comparing notes with other TJ owners on what busted lately and how much it cost to fix. That'd be fun, except my wife would discover you can't buy axles and diffs, transmissions, torque converters, steering boxes, compressors, tie rods, transfer cases, starters tyres, winches etc. for an average $22.50!

Then we'd go out and kick some ass on the trail. yeah! I'm goin' - especially if they put on some Landrovers and 'Yotas and such to drive around!

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Thu May 08, 2008 10:08 pm

I got the invite over the last weekend. Haven't made up my mind yet. I'll think about it over the next couple of days.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

vitara888
Bush Crasher

Postby vitara888 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:51 pm

Like spare parts nothing with Jeep on it is cheap!

I've been on five of the Chrysler run Jamborees and think they're OK. If you haven't been on one you may find it hard to see how they cost so much but they usually have catered sit down meals at posh venues, live entertainment, souvenir polo shirts and all land access paid for. Some of the land they get 4wd clubs never have access to, so that is something new, even for people who have been around for a while. A lot of the helpers are old NZFWDA stalwarts (really old) and the tough trips are pretty much all Wellington Jeep Club members and that's priceless right there.

I haven't seen this year's stuff yet but Chrysler were saying after running the event ten times they were looking to reduce what they spend on the event, something like $60k some years so this years event miht be different. A lot of punters used to say that the meals were too good, the tee shirs haven't been there for the last two years and in the first events they paid for your camp site, now you have to pay seperately for accomodation.

If you can afford go and have a good time.

Flash2004
Hard Yaka

Postby Flash2004 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:58 pm

vitara888 wrote:Like spare parts nothing with Jeep on it is cheap!

I've been on five of the Chrysler run Jamborees and think they're OK. If you haven't been on one you may find it hard to see how they cost so much but they usually have catered sit down meals at posh venues, live entertainment, souvenir polo shirts and all land access paid for. Some of the land they get 4wd clubs never have access to, so that is something new, even for people who have been around for a while. A lot of the helpers are old NZFWDA stalwarts (really old) and the tough trips are pretty much all Wellington Jeep Club members and that's priceless right there.

I haven't seen this year's stuff yet but Chrysler were saying after running the event ten times they were looking to reduce what they spend on the event, something like $60k some years so this years event miht be different. A lot of punters used to say that the meals were too good, the tee shirs haven't been there for the last two years and in the first events they paid for your camp site, now you have to pay seperately for accomodation.

If you can afford go and have a good time.

Its times like this one wishes one could change one's user name eh Vitara?

vitara888
Bush Crasher

Postby vitara888 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:10 pm

The ORE Jeep experts already have TJ and XJ, maybe I'll go for JK but I'd love a diesel XK.

Flash2004
Hard Yaka

Postby Flash2004 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:02 am

vitara888 wrote:The ORE Jeep experts already have TJ and XJ, maybe I'll go for JK but I'd love a diesel XK.

You could be TiJuana if you wanna

Paybac
Driver/Navigator

Postby Paybac » Fri May 09, 2008 7:58 am

Yea i think i probably going to book in the next couple of weeks. From your guys feed back it sounds alright.

Yea the brochure says the free give away will be a hat
1996 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Rolling stock, not for long.

..l___l_.oooo
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

xj
Hard Yaka

Postby xj » Fri May 09, 2008 8:15 pm

vitara888... im hardly an expert.

Wouldnt mind changing my nick too..... seeing as how i dont drive one anymore. Oh well. Yeah i got my invite. seeing as how its only in taupo, i might make the effort to attend. Never been to one before, and February is plenty of time to save up the pingas for it.
(however, nigh on $800.00 for the three of us to attend + accommodation.... could buy a SYE for that!!!)
/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-

()_) ()_)-----)_)
KEEP'N JEEP'N!

Return to “Jeep”