Another new Jeeper here...

coop
Hard Yaka

Another new Jeeper here...

Postby coop » Fri May 23, 2008 8:58 am

Gday there, I just found this site and it looks like a bloody good one. I bought My XJ Limited the other day for a bloody good price, shes stock but am looking into slight mods when I have the time and spare cash. Have yet to take it off road but myself and a mate (Hilux Surf) might head down to Thompsons Track in a couple of weekends if any other Jeepers are keen to come along and show the Jappas how its done haha.

Cheers.
JK Wrangler 35s.

downunderxj
Hard Yaka

Re: Another new Jeeper here...

Postby downunderxj » Fri May 23, 2008 9:05 am

Welcome to another XJ owner from an XJ owner. when you say down to Thompson's track I presume you live in the Auckland area at the other end of the North Island from Wellington where I reside.
Have a great time, and I am sure it won't be stock for long.
Cheers
Ian
'95 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)

1936 Ford Flathead V8 Colonial Cab (restoration project)

coop
Hard Yaka

Postby coop » Fri May 23, 2008 9:10 am

Oh yeah, Obviously need to sort out my profile. Live in Auckland, born and bred in Wellington... Great to see a site for local like minded people anyway. Pics of your '36 Ford resto would be good haha.

Cheers.
JK Wrangler 35s.

downunderxj
Hard Yaka

Postby downunderxj » Fri May 23, 2008 9:23 am

'36 Ford restoration is still in the dismantling stage, here is a picture of it loaded up in North Canterbury before its journey north almost 2 1/2 years ago (oh dear, time flies doesn't it, this was going to be a 7 year project).

And here is a photo a bit closer up as it gets a good water blast at home

Next step is to get the motor & gearbox out, the rear deck & cab & all the fenders have been removed. Then the chassis is ready to be cleaned, repaired and painted.

Cheers
Ian
'95 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)

1936 Ford Flathead V8 Colonial Cab (restoration project)

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Fri May 23, 2008 9:25 am

Welcome, I am in Auckland but drive a TJ instead. There are a couple of diehard Jeep fanatics here, so wait for them to wake up this morning.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

Paybac
Driver/Navigator

Postby Paybac » Fri May 23, 2008 9:40 am

Welcome, so far nothing but good to say bout this forum. The other Jeepers are a wealth of information and can even help out with parts. Like you i have an XJ, i am currently putting together a buget lift using an old set of XJ leafs to chop and add two extra leafs to my standard pack. Just waiting on "XJ" to hook me up with sum ZJ springs for the front. Should get bout 2"inch lift all round. And all up cost me under $200 bucks. Just saving for the new rubber. :mrgreen:
1996 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Rolling stock, not for long.

..l___l_.oooo
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 am

Paybac wrote:Just waiting on "XJ" to hook me up with sum ZJ springs for the front.

XJ is the guy who now has 2 TJs and is supplying you with ZJ springs for your XJ, talk about being a dedicated Jeeper :wink:
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

xj
Hard Yaka

Postby xj » Sat May 24, 2008 7:43 am

It's a sickness. I'm terminal.

Paybac, ill get there. Easier at this stage to flick them through to 'vegas. I'll keep ya posted.

Just came across front and rear lockers (ARB) for half normal retail!! (no i cant get any more!!) Got SYE and replacement D/S lined up too. As at the time of installing the quick discos I officially went over the threshold of what I've spent compared to what I'd ever get if I sold it..... so why not now just go for the jugular!!!!
/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-

()_) ()_)-----)_)
KEEP'N JEEP'N!

Return to “Jeep”