XJ exhaust question...

coop
Hard Yaka

XJ exhaust question...

Postby coop » Tue May 27, 2008 10:03 pm

Gday, my Cherokee failed it WOF on the rear muffler. What I plan to do is to buy one from pit stop etc and weld it in myself...
I'm not too experienced on exhausts regarding mods, but I've heard a few nice sounding 4.0Ls on the street and the net ( eg type in 'Grand Cherokee Woodhill forest' on youtube and listen to that beast), but I've also heard some that sound like crap.
I'm just wondering if any of you fellas have any recomendations on a reasonably priced muffler that would give it a good typical I6 sound. Not too keen on spending a lot as my XJ was bought with 4wding in mind, shell probably get ripped off eventually lol, I just need a WOF to park it on the street and to drive to the bush hehe :D

Any help/advice appreciated.
Cheers.
JK Wrangler 35s.

TJ
Hard Yaka

Re: XJ exhaust question...

Postby TJ » Tue May 27, 2008 10:12 pm

Talk to Lance at PitStop Greenlane, he knows about Jeeps more than most people (since he is very close to Continental Car Services and ends up doing some of their exhaust work). I can't help you as mine is a TJ, same engine but exhaust length is different. Same would go for Grand Cherokee (4.0l version). Mine was done by Lance.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

Return to “Jeep”