abs sensor & indicator lens needed

2000jeep
Stropper

abs sensor & indicator lens needed

Postby 2000jeep » Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi all, new to the jeep culture but just purchased a cheap as chips 2000 jeep cherokee xj - $500! Previous owner was a dairy farmer so every panel is dented and inside looks like a dog has been living in it! Hence the cheap price. Need a couple bits for the wof before I start trying to install a lift kit and bigger feet. I'm after a front drivers side indicator lens (the one under the headlight), and a back right abs sensor. The guy I purchased it off said the mechanic shop diagnosed the strange noise and yuck feeling in the break pedal to be the back right abs sensor? Not sure if it is common on these or what? It only happens every now and then. Any help will be much appreciated. I've just read through some other topics on here and am going to call Sav in Nelson about the 3in lift kits tomorrow, not sure weather to go for the cheap spacer option or the shocks & springs etc. Also wanted to know if I get a set of 15x8 steeleys with 0 offset and put 32x12.5 on them they will not rub with the 3in lift?

yeti
Bruiser

Re: abs sensor & indicator lens needed

Postby yeti » Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 pm

sav will have ya answers mate ....good dude ...where in nz are ya
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

2000jeep
Stropper

Postby 2000jeep » Wed May 15, 2013 10:23 pm

In Whangarei, previously owned lada niva :) and now going to have a play with the jeep. Cheers

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Wed May 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Welcome to the site as well as Jeep family.

Are you sure the XJ has ABS brakes. If it does, it would have D35c rear axle. As for the noise/grinding feel, it could be just that brakes need a good clean up.

Indicator, try trademe as XJs regularly come up for parts.

I am not in favour of a budget boost. Best to go with springs and matching length shocks.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

WRNGLR
Hard Yaka

Postby WRNGLR » Thu May 16, 2013 10:50 pm

2000jeep wrote:In Whangarei, previously owned lada niva :) and now going to have a play with the jeep. Cheers

Greg Hopkins is from Whangarei ( www.offroadspecialties.co.nz) he now lives in Aus now but all contact numbers are on site , real top bloke, I believe his brother is or has something to do with Bryant Tractors in Whangarei, worth a visit

cheers
Greg
Yea, though I drive through the valley of death (and it's mudbogs), I shall fear no trail;for tho art modified is my rig, and thy lift kit and lockers they comfort me. Amen

2000jeep
Stropper

Postby 2000jeep » Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Yea cheers for that I've been in touch with his brother Barry and am looking at getting the ORV (rugged ridge) 3in lift kit off him for $1050. Apparently the sway bar bracket doesn't fit for right hand drive so will have to work something out there.

Coljag
Hard Yaka

Postby Coljag » Mon May 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Another Jeep in Whangaz? Ye ha! Will have to keep an eye out for you aye. Look out for me/mine, we may be able to swap stories/ideas and help each other out. :D Mine's the white & tan TJ with 4" lift, Crager mag wheels, Superwinch, Custom front & rear bars, Hard top (Sometimes bikini top & half soft doors), 33x12.5x15 Desert Dueler MT's, Sway bar disconnects, etc. I also know at least 5 other's with TJ Wranglers, we could have a trip together sometime.
Currently I am looking at bringing some Jeep specific tools in from the US to make easier a little job I need to do on mine.
Just had an awesome weekend over at Baylys Beach, on invitation, with some of the Manukau 4wd club guys.
Never regret anything you have done, only regret those things you have not done!

WRNGLR
Hard Yaka

Postby WRNGLR » Tue May 21, 2013 9:02 am

2000jeep wrote:Yea cheers for that I've been in touch with his brother Barry and am looking at getting the ORV (rugged ridge) 3in lift kit off him for $1050. Apparently the sway bar bracket doesn't fit for right hand drive so will have to work something out there.

You can get the correct one from ARB retailers, contact badnuz on this forum he's ARB Palmerston North, top bloke willing to help.

cheers
Greg
Yea, though I drive through the valley of death (and it's mudbogs), I shall fear no trail;for tho art modified is my rig, and thy lift kit and lockers they comfort me. Amen

Ralfie
Hard Yaka

Postby Ralfie » Tue May 21, 2013 11:14 am

[quote="WRNGLR
You can get the correct one from ARB retailers, contact badnuz on this forum he's ARB Palmerston North, top bloke willing to help.

cheers
Greg[/quote]

You won't them there anymore ............... he took off to Australia.

WRNGLR
Hard Yaka

Postby WRNGLR » Tue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Didn't know he was stayin over there , sorry for mis info

Return to “Jeep”