Water proofing

Tow truck
Winch master

Water proofing

Postby Tow truck » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Hey people. Ive just got a jeep and am very happy with it so far but am after some tips or ideas to waterproof the dizzy and coil. Or are they even affectted by the water. Cheers for your help

yeti
Bruiser

Re: Water proofing

Postby yeti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:12 pm

tow truck ...good user name for a jeep owner :wink: what make of jeep mate
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

Tow truck
Winch master

Postby Tow truck » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 pm

93 xj. it has a snorkel am just really interested in the electric. And sorry to say i choose the user name when i had my safari. ill probably be kicked off the jeep page now lol

Coljag
Hard Yaka

Postby Coljag » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Watch for those auto's with the breather in the bell housing. TJ's have them but don't know if XJ's also use the same? Better to check it out now than after your auto get full of water aye :)
Never regret anything you have done, only regret those things you have not done!

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:14 pm

breathers be outside on the xj not like the silly tj set up ...have drowned one auto but was in a big puddle ...xj autos are cheap and heaps around and not to bad to swap out ...done a couple on the old xj ..heat is a killer on them two...the rest of the shit be right unless ya really go swimming...
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 pm

yeti wrote:breathers be outside on the xj not like the silly tj set up ...have drowned one auto but was in a big puddle ...xj autos are cheap and heaps around and not to bad to swap out ...done a couple on the old xj ..heat is a killer on them two...the rest of the shit be right unless ya really go swimming...

Yep, XJ auto are 4 speed and I believe they are a Japanese design (same one as in Hilux).
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

Return to “Jeep”