grand cherokee leaking water in

yeti
Bruiser

grand cherokee leaking water in

Postby yeti » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:13 pm

2000 grand Cherokee , any common places to check....no obvious sign as to where its coming in ....

hasn't rained for a week ....just found it ...smells a bit :D
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

TJ
Hard Yaka

Re: grand cherokee leaking water in

Postby TJ » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Are you sure nothing like a 10l water bottle in the boot leaked on a long trip. There is no obvious place for water to get in. May some condensation from recent cold weather?
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

aroma
Hard Yaka

Postby aroma » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:30 pm

sure you arn't treating it like your XJ
not leaking around your tail lights? or boot seal

luckyme
Hard Yaka

Postby luckyme » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:20 am

yeti wrote:2000 grand Cherokee , any common places to check....no obvious sign as to where its coming in ....

hasn't rained for a week ....just found it ...smells a bit :D

Have had the same issue, mine was from condensation :roll:

Lucky the 33s don't fit in there :mrgreen:

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:58 pm

condensation really.. :shock: pos jeep crap......so what ya trying to say is fit 33s , easier to keep a eye on it as spare 33 wont fit in there .....like the way ya think...... :mrgreen:.. found split in rubber seal , c what happens.....

jgcltd2001

Re: grand cherokee collecting water in spare wheel area

Postby jgcltd2001 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:16 am

I had a pool of water in mine last week. All due to condensation. I had a large plastic protector in the boot and the underside of it was dribbling water. The underside of the spare wheel cover is also plastic and it also was dribbling water into the spare wheel area. Even the rubber mat in the front passenger side had moisture under it. All dried out now. I had noticed a slightly mouldy smell - all dried and smells fine now.

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:41 am

jgcltd2001 wrote:I had a pool of water in mine last week. All due to condensation. I had a large plastic protector in the boot and the underside of it was dribbling water. The underside of the spare wheel cover is also plastic and it also was dribbling water into the spare wheel area. Even the rubber mat in the front passenger side had moisture under it. All dried out now. I had noticed a slightly mouldy smell - all dried and smells fine now.

yeah strange set up ....water on passenger side may be a leak in ya heater core mate .....

jgcltd2001

Postby jgcltd2001 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 pm

yeti wrote:
jgcltd2001 wrote:I had a pool of water in mine last week. All due to condensation. I had a large plastic protector in the boot and the underside of it was dribbling water. The underside of the spare wheel cover is also plastic and it also was dribbling water into the spare wheel area. Even the rubber mat in the front passenger side had moisture under it. All dried out now. I had noticed a slightly mouldy smell - all dried and smells fine now.

yeah strange set up ....water on passenger side may be a leak in ya heater core mate .....

Thank you for the suggestion to check the heater core though it was just moisture droplets from condensation after we had a few cold nights. My heater/aircon blend doors are shot! No leaks anywhere that I can detect. I made my own blend-door replacements a few weeks ago and now the heater and aircon works but is totally manual! The servo motors for the blend doors are stuffed. Some photos:
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHd7L8r

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:28 pm

heater in mine is sweet.. nice job on the wee fix but

:wink:

Return to “Jeep”