Car vs Wild

guttix
Driver/Navigator

Car vs Wild

Postby guttix » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Hey...I'm a landy man myself...but just channel surfing and on Discovery is Car vs Wild. Basically a Bear Grylls type guy, and an ex-Rally driver? Taking some kind of Jeep up a river in Mexico. Some cool action so far, and some questionable stuff (took the back wheels off, and slid the Jeep down a slope?)

Might be of interest (be better with a 110... :mrgreen: )

tow99
Hard Yaka

Re: Car vs Wild

Postby tow99 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:22 pm

i only really caught the bit where he lit the motor on fire with alcohol to dry it out and then had to splash it with water to put the flames out. :lol: :lol:

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Postby pmfg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm

That show annoys me to no end.

A guy who supposedly is the best offroader out there and a guy whos supposed to know his stuff about survival.

And both of them seem intent on trying to make it look like neither of them actually know anything about what they are supposedly specialized in.

XJCrawler
Hard Yaka

Postby XJCrawler » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:40 am

It's a rigged show, but if you get over that part of it you're left with the various terrain and scenery which a 4WD is taking them, which I think makes it enjoyable to watch.

Jeeper
Hard Yaka

Postby Jeeper » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:48 am

I thought it was allright, its cool to see a TJ hit some of that terrain. Was there a pre venture build episode? I saw G2 stickers on the rear axles when they did that slide down the hill scene so I assume its running some nice drivetrain.

Either that or they just heli drop in a new red TJ when it f#$s out..

Drurban
Hard Yaka

Postby Drurban » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 pm

This show is a joke, The guy took off back wheels to create drag for going down a hill a bit pointless f you ask me.
1997 Isuzu Mu, 3.1TD, 5sp Manual.

Return to “Jeep”