Sway bar.

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Sway bar.

Postby pmfg » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Is it illegal to have no front sway bar?

I broke mine last time I was at woodhill, My jeeps rego is coming off hold soon and my replacement parts have not yet arrived, so I was wondering if i could just remove it to get it back road legal until they get here.

I tried ringing LTSA but they had no idea.

safaripete
Hard Yaka

Re: Sway bar.

Postby safaripete » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:35 pm

i dont think its a legal requirement

but i think wof places go by the if it was there rule it needs to be there

none of my 4wds have had sway bars fitted

but i got failed on one of them for not having one as you could clearly see it was mounted in the past as i had removed it so i just chucked it on

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Postby pmfg » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks mr pete. Might have to get dad to ring a few wof places and see. Since I work on a dam in the middle of nowhere currently, it becomes a bit hard to contact people.

Ralfie
Hard Yaka

Postby Ralfie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:57 pm

pmfg wrote:Thanks mr pete. Might have to get dad to ring a few wof places and see. Since I work on a dam in the middle of nowhere currently, it becomes a bit hard to contact people.

Jeeps don't handle too well on the road without the sway bar. However if you want a wof, don't ask around, just take it in somewhere reliable and make no mention of it. If you ask, they will say it has to have one!
By the way, don't take it into a VTNZ, they will fail you for sure ..............

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Postby pmfg » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Yeah I know they dont handle too well on road without one.
Im just gunna get the wof and leave it in the garage untill my parts get here. That way I dont have to put the rego back on hold if the parts are to far away.

And definatly wasnt going to take it to VTNZ, but since they are the strictest about the silliest things, i thought they might know.

Return to “Jeep”