GRAND CHEROKEE Diesel

furnace
Hard Yaka

GRAND CHEROKEE Diesel

Postby furnace » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:31 pm

The pro's and conn's please,i do not know a thing about the diesels..just checking out 2003 to 2005, 5 and 6 cylinders....cheers

sig
Jeep Jeep

Re: GRAND CHEROKEE Diesel

Postby sig » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:59 am

they go like a cut cat and really good economy.uses the 2.7 merc 5 cylinder engine .nice 5 stage auto with hydra trac ,means it has hydraulic centre & diff locks.they need the injector washers and hold down bolts done semi reguarly( every 50k or there abouts ) about $50 parts.if they dont get done they suffer from "black death "which is when the combustion gases blow out round the washers and fill up around the injectors making it near impossable to get out.all leather interior with heated seats ,10 stack cd controlled from steering wheel,cruise ,driver and passenger controllable individual climate air. A lot of vechicle for the money.3.5 ton tow rating factory.easy to get more power by chipping them. 01-03 have square fog lights late 03-04 have facelift bumper and round fog lights .all diesel ones are made in austria .parts are easy to get of ebay and heaps cheaper as well.If you are looking for one just by chance i have one for sale :D pm or call me if you want some more info cheers sig
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:50 am

sig wrote:they go like a cut cat and really good economy.uses the 2.7 merc 5 cylinder engine .nice 5 stage auto with hydra trac ,means it has hydraulic centre & diff locks.they need the injector washers and hold down bolts done semi reguarly( every 50k or there abouts ) about $50 parts.if they dont get done they suffer from "black death "which is when the combustion gases blow out round the washers and fill up around the injectors making it near impossable to get out.all leather interior with heated seats ,10 stack cd controlled from steering wheel,cruise ,driver and passenger controllable individual climate air. A lot of vechicle for the money.3.5 ton tow rating factory.easy to get more power by chipping them. 01-03 have square fog lights late 03-04 have facelift bumper and round fog lights .all diesel ones are made in austria .parts are easy to get of ebay and heaps cheaper as well.If you are looking for one just by chance i have one for sale :D pm or call me if you want some more info cheers sig

many thanks for that,i'm just looking at the mo but out of interest what year,how many miles and how much are you asking ...lol.. you just never know

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:36 am

Black facelift 03 ,202 kms.just had injectors serviced and checked.new fuel pressure reg .great cond .one small dent on roof edge .want 11k for it cheers sig
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

furnace
Hard Yaka

Postby furnace » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:57 am

sig wrote:Black facelift 03 ,202 kms.just had injectors serviced and checked.new fuel pressure reg .great cond .one small dent on roof edge .want 11k for it cheers sig

Cheers m8

Return to “Jeep”